Full-Time Business Analyst
Who we are
Altus Group Limited is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Through our business lines, Altus Data Solutions, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, we are creating innovative technology-enabled solutions that better enable the commercial real estate industry to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their investments. Our clients include some of the world’s largest real estate industry participants, spread across a broad variety of sectors.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with a network of more than 75 offices with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
As a result of accelerated growth, Altus is looking for a new Business Analyst to join our Altus Data Solutions team in Toronto. This is an internal client-facing role with hands-on responsibility. An opportunity for someone who wants to drive the support for every application and asset on our core platform. Someone who wants to work closely with Architects on the design and with Product Managers developing an understanding of workflows. We want a Business Analyst who can manage and understand the depth and breadth of the details needed when gathering requirements and creating specs for internal and third-party application integration.
Where are you now – and what does the future hold?
You are a Business Analyst with deep and broad knowledge of the full SDLC. You are looking for a chance to work on multiple projects in an exciting and growing industry.
There is positive change ahead of us here at Altus. We are scaling at a rapid pace, year over year on a global level. With offices around the world, this is a dynamic and challenging place to be; where the opportunity to gain exposure and expand your skills is part of every day. This is a role for a Business Analyst who wants to to be supported in their career aspirations as a Senior Technical BA, Project Manager or Product Manager.
On a day-to-day project basis, you will:
- Assess systems and needs. You will review user needs for all associated systems and applications and work with the Product team to prioritize project deliverables. You will participate in functional testing, system integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Manage the end-end application deployment and system upgrades. You will perform feasibility analysis. You will advise and consult on project timelines, resource allocation, deliverables and scope.
- Build relationships. Nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients. Provide leadership, direction and support to project team members.
- Collaborate. You will work across several internal and external teams including development, consulting, business stakeholders and clients to capture and understand application development needs.
- Update and maintain documentation. You will be responsible for all project reporting, project documentation and business documentation, ensuring the status of application features and functions is accurately reflected.
Our new Business Analyst will have:
- The ideal combination of education, certification and experience:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in a BA capacity, writing requirements for complex Technology projects preferably in software application development with exposure to the full SDLC.
- Direct industry experience in Commercial or Residential Real Estate would be an asset.
- A creative and process-oriented approach. You are highly detail oriented and meticulous. Your focus is accomplishing every deliverable while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.
- Relationship building expertise. You have expertise working closely with internal and client stakeholders and building client confidence in the project team and company.
- Transparent communication style. You are an outstanding communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications. You can relay delays and setbacks while managing expectations and retaining the client’s confidence.
- The drive to own and lead. Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage changing priorities and the ability to perform under pressure making decisions, delegating and negotiating as appropriate.
- A results-oriented focus. You can anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients and you are driven to meet or exceed their expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project – and the business – moving forward.
- Enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You thrive in a changing environment and welcome the opportunity to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- Appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines. You have proven experience managing multiple resources across multiple project sites.
Need any more reasons to join Altus Group?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,300 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries; they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach and high profile design.
At Altus Group, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits – come realize your potential at Altus Group.
Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.