Full-Time Digital Product Development Manager
Looking for a chance do to meaningful work on a product that people love? Come join our product team at virtuwell.com in an exciting new role as a Digital Product Development Manager responsible for delivering digital products and experiences in our innovative on-line clinic. Our mission is to deliver the most accessible, affordable and lovable healthcare in the world. In this management role, you’ll support this mission by leading the product design and execution of a new generation of digital products which delight both internal and external customers. You’ll work closely with senior leadership and product team members (analysts, marketing, UX, developers, QA, operations and clinical) to strategize, design, and launch new digital products.
You’re a great fit if:
- You’re a product strategist who can understand virtuwell’s unique assets, empathize with consumer healthcare needs, and challenge the status quo to create a winning product strategy.
- You’re a people person. You thrive on inspiring and leading teams taking the time to understand individual contributions and points of view.
- You’re flexible to changing priorities and able to redirect our product roadmap to meet the critical business demands.
- You excel at execution. You’ve worn Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager and Quality Assurance hats whenever needed and you delight at rolling up your sleeves to help your team meet deadlines.
- You love crafting market leading consumer product experiences which feel simple. You understand that simple experiences are born from curiosity and attention to detail.
- You champion agile development best practices and are able to teach, mentor, and coach teams in this environment.
- You have strong data and analytical skills. You know that these skills can reveal critical consumer insights which improve product design.
- Develops a clear view of market opportunities using personas, customer feedback, business strategies and competitive research to frame our product vision.
- Defines the product strategy and roadmap for each of our product lines.
- Manages the product development backlog and identifies development priorities for each release.
- Acting as the product owner, gathers input from providers, customers, operations, marketing, and other business stakeholders and then synthesize that input into clear and justifiable product requirements and user stories that drive business value. Utilizes user testing, prototyping, and agile demos to ensure that designs meet customer needs.
- Manages a team of analysts and solutions architects to bring the product roadmap to life in an agile environment. Works closely with development, operational, and clinical teams to deliver simple and intuitive products consistent with our brand paying attention to the visual experience, UX, and copy tone of voice.
- Leads product design across both software and clinical products balancing the input from clinical stakeholders while representing our brand and ensuring a simple customer experience.
- Leads the sprint planning and sets expectation for the delivery of new features collaboratively with the Technology Manager.
- Develops and implements product measurement processes to assess the results of product initiatives and adjust the product roadmap accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, clinical care, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in digital product development
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role coaching and mentoring team members to deliver simple high quality products
- Demonstrated experience designing for customers in a digital environment
- Energy, passion, and the grit needed to work in a start-up environment
- Ability to strategize and communicate a product roadmap with senior leadership
- Experience with JIRA or other workflow management tools
- Ability to manage timelines and budget
- Product experience in ecommerce, hospitality/service, financial or travel settings.
- Product experience with mobile and responsive design websites
- Knowledge of healthcare industry from a customer or provider perspective
- Experience with analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe, or Tableau
Why work at virtuwell?
You’re smart and want to get smarter. We have, and are surrounded by, some of the brightest and most innovative people in health care. We’re looking for people with skills to teach and a curiosity to learn.
You want a great team that has your back. We’re real. We’re fun. We like each other enough to hang out outside of the office.
You love the idea of start-ups but worry about financial security. We’ve got start-up vibe and autonomy, but we’re backed by a $5 billion organization with more than five decades of health innovation. And, that also means great benefits – health, medical, dental, life, disability, 401k match, the whole bit.
You bring it at work, but you like a life. Some of our best work happens outside of the office. You get to adjust your schedule to balance your life. Plus, we give you 19 paid days off per year with the option to purchase an additional 10, along with 6.5 paid holidays.
You want your work to mean something. We are changing healthcare one line of code at a time. We have already helped thousands of people receive convenient treatment, and our customers love us. 98% of virtuwell users said they would recommend us to family and friends. If you’re looking to use your talents to make a difference, this is the place to do it.