Full-Time Director of Product Planning and Strategy
With locations in Bothell, WA and Rochester, NY, EagleView® transforms industries and changes lives by providing answers – derived primarily from world-class Pictometry imagery – to questions related to millions of residential and commercial properties, for professionals across commercial, public safety, and government markets, saving those individuals time and money while also reducing exposure to risk.
EagleView has a “work-hard, play-hard” culture and we’ve been continually named a Best Place to Work because of our belief that making the workplace fun is a key to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7, social, athletic and wellness opportunities are plentiful and the growth, education and potential of employees is a top priority. If you take your profession seriously, love to work hard and create something really great while having fun, this might be the right place for you.
We’re looking for an outstanding Director of Product Planning and Strategy based in our Bothell, WA office. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to manage all market and competitive research and pricing analysis, as well as drive the continuous improvement of product management and strategy processes across the Product Strategy organization.
You’ll manage a team of analysts and project managers and work closely with the SVP, Product Strategy, Product Strategy Directors, Product Managers, Operations and Engineering to support and improve business cases, the annual roadmap process, portfolio ROI, portfolio priorities and product metrics.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Director of Product Management and/or Product Marketing with outstanding analytical skills and strong cross-functional leadership experience. You’ve successfully shipped new products and managed the product lifecycle at several technology companies. You know how to build systems and create fast but scalable product management processes.
You’re an analytical superstar. You know how to deliver fact-based business cases that win Executive and Board-level support. You’ve worked with a variety of business models and understand how to capture value through smart business models and pricing strategies. You’re a team player, a coach and a mentor. Your communication style is honest, transparent, direct and positive. You’re passionate about EagleView, our markets and our products. You thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial cultures. The ideal candidate will have proven organizational and communication skills, as well as a positive attitude and time management skills.
- Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of industry and technology trends, as well as product management best practices.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of all EagleView products, customer segments, and product roadmap.
- Create and deliver content to educate internal and external audiences about key competitors, technology and market trends.
- Build and maintain a library of primary and third-party market, competitive, economic and technology trends and other data for analyzing product business cases and strategies that are available.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with consulting firms to perform research.
- Perform in-depth analysis of competitive product offerings, including collecting competitive collateral, information on capabilities/strategy and offering guidance on proper positioning to effectively develop and differentiate our offerings vis-à-vis all major and emerging players in the designated market.
- Produce sales enablement tools and materials to prepare sales teams, and sales engineers to successfully position EagleView vs. the competition such as competitive battle cards.
- Support sales teams in discussions with customers/prospects.
- Act as an internal consultant and provide analysis of new product strategies, business models and market opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product Strategy Directors and Product Managers to support development of business cases for new products.
- Evolve criteria and framework for investing in new products and innovations to align with EagleView’s strategy and goals. Monitor execution of various product activities by establishing a product strategy dashboard with clear and actionable metrics.
- Develop and enhance appropriate pricing models in collaboration with Product, Finance and Sales teams.
- Improve critical product management processes and templates for the annual roadmap, quarterly roadmap reviews, program councils, etc.
- Define, implement and improve key product management best practices, including win/loss analysis, whitespace analysis, share of wallet, and growth strategy.
- Partner with SVP, Product Strategy and other organization leaders to plan and coordinate resources for delivery of a successful annual Product Roadmap.
- Optimize utilization of Aha.io! and other tools to ensure alignment of Product Strategy with Engineering and Operations resources.
- Develop a product management dashboard and metrics to highlight key performance indicators for the product portfolio.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching, and developing a team of analysts and project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management or product marketing, including managing direct reports
- 5+ years’ experience with business intelligence applications, including modern analytics technologies such as Qlik, Birst, or Tableau
- Experience working with an Agile product development methodology required
- Experience in strategy consulting, market research and/or business intelligence preferred
- Experience with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework preferred
- Experience with Aha.io! or similar Product Management technology preferred
- Familiar with MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project
- Exceptional analytical and presentation skills
- Proven experience leading and driving cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%, domestically and internationally
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
Please Apply Here: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=7600&jid=454445
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.