Full-Time Head of Product
Head of Product
Our digital products are at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for an experienced product leader to help us build a structured product management function. You will help us understand our customers and the problems they face, and work with the engineering teams to produce well thought out products which address them. As well as product management, you will be responsible for design and UX.
The role covers both our internal tools and our customer facing products, and you’ll be able to apply the same level of attention to detail and understanding of the users’ needs to both. You’ll take the lead in defining product management processes, and as a senior leader you’ll collaborate with the rest of the executive team to define our product strategy.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems unfair that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We’ve previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both. We’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before, we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for people excited about building something that matters.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader with a proven history of delivering transformational products and managing product teams. Nested has ambitions to change how the property industry works and we want you to help us make it a reality.
More specifically, we believe:
- You’ll care about building the right product for our customers. You explore different methods until you’ve proven that the product has had the desired impact and we’ve learned effectively from the process of developing it.
- You’ll be analytical and detail oriented. You’ll be able to think about high level product issues in a structured way, but also get down into the weeds where necessary.
- You’ll have at your disposal a trusted toolkit of techniques to support product development, and plenty of experience using it.
- Although you may not have come from a software engineering background, you understand technology as your medium and the opportunities and constraints that it presents.
- You act as an enabler, thinking in terms of the output of your team as a whole, and are able to inspire them to do their best work.
We think you’ll probably have:
- Experience building product teams from scratch.
- Experience working with products with a significant internally facing element, or in companies with complex operational processes.
- Experience working in a high growth start-up environment.
- Experience in a role which involves leading UX and/or design.
Finally benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We care about them deeply and they’re at the core of everything we do, you can see them at https://nested.com/values.
Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about:
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 🙂
Salary range: £80-115k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2 mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It’s pretty thorough and ensures we’re confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works by visiting https://nested.com/hiring-process
At Nested, we value having a team built from people with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills. We are committed to doing the right thing, so strive to break down barriers in the way to inclusion, success and improving the company.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer so please make us aware if there is anything we can do to support your application process.