Full-Time Head of Product
Head of Product
Company: Rated People
Date: April 2017
Rated People is the UK’s leading online marketplace for homeowners to find tradespeople. Since its launch in 2005 RatedPeople.com has seen more than 4 million jobs posted and has accumulated more than 600,000 community ratings. The platform is home to circa 55,000 tradespeople. While these are impressive growth metrics, there is still huge additional growth to go for, as online marketplaces – of which Rated People is the leading UK player – are set to benefit most from the structural decline in traditional advertising mediums such as directories. As Rated People strives to become the de-facto platform, it is well positioned to harness positive network effects and create a ‘winner takes‐all’ opportunity in the UK home improvement market worth £40bn. We’re looking for a Head of Product to join our mission
What you’ll be doing:
◦ Leading all products (mobile, web, infrastructure) for Rated People.
◦ Heading a team of product owners, each responsible for their own areas.
◦ Defining product strategy and creating a product road map for the company based on high level business objectives.
◦ Partnering with our CTO and a leading development team in an agile environment to design, plan, and release products.
◦ Collaborating with internal stakeholders and decisions makers: Sales, Marketing, Finance, and the CEO. ◦ Leading a cross-functional team (Content, UX, Analytics, Customer support).
What you will bring:
◦ A track record of leadership: You attract “A” players. People working for you develop and grow, achieving more than they did before.
◦ Cross-functional leadership and gravitas: Many people will look to you to listen to their needs, create an elegant solution, and communicate it clearly.
◦ Both strategic thinking and detail orientation: You will need to be able to discuss product strategy and the commercial rationale to the senior stakeholders of the company. At the same time you can dive into the details of a Jira ticket.
◦ Problem solving skills: What are product professionals but problem solvers? You can take amorphous, sometimes disparate requirements and break them down into solvable pieces.
◦ Technical skills: Maybe you can code – if not, you’re comfortable discussing solutions with software engineers.
◦ Up to date functional knowledge: You are “in the loop” on innovation, technologies, and best practices in your profession
◦ Education: BA/BSc degree level. Equivalent experience considered.
◦ Experience: 5+ years relevant experience, with a track record of delivery. Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst or roles with a large part of these. Complex and consumer products are a plus.
What we bring:
◦ Opportunity: We are the market leader in UK and opportunity for scale, ownership and progression is strong.
◦ Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to turn vision into reality. ◦ Mature agile processes: Combining the best of Scrum, XP and Kanban. We believe in iterative problem solving and fast feedback.
◦ Personal growth: We’re a small team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day.
◦ Great company culture from our demo days to collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff.
◦ Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices very close to Waterloo, with bike racks (and shower!), for super easy commuting, and lots of great food/drink options nearby.
Rated People is a creative and inspiring team and our light open plan office has amazing views over central London. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits: o Participation in company share option scheme o 25 days holiday o Perkbox o Bike scheme o Life assurance o Childcare vouchers o Travel loans o Direct pension contributions – 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period o Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard