Full-Time Lead Product Manager
We’re a technology company as much a fashion company. The same restless innovation and creative approach we use on our physical products is equally true of our digital teams. We’re constantly looking to develop the very best experiences for our customers. From capitalising on machine learning capabilities, utilising big-data or pushing our app development boundaries. We are 100% laser focussed on delivering the very best experiences to best empower 20-somethings. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented Product Leaders to help both define and execute against our aspirations, building upon what Asos has brought to online fashion so far. We live and breathe our customers, we’re highly user-centric and we believe deeply that innovation is in our blood. This role demands great technical knowledge, the very best in product thinking tempered with excellent judgment, but above all else; Authentic (doing the right thing for our customers). Brave (not accepting the status quo) and Creative (through bold digital innovation).
As Lead Product Manager for ‘Core’, you will envision and execute a strategy that enables the very best use of all the internal applications, systems, features and products powering our end customer experiences. Understanding when best to build, buy or borrow, including all possible 3rd party interactions. Whilst building a scalable framework to seamlessly on-board any new technologies as identified. You will be responsible for multiple programs including overall metrics and business impact. You will hire, shape and grow Product Managers into strong leaders and help realise their own objectives, KPIs and roadmaps. Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you & your team launch that solves real customer needs and your ability to shape, lead and inspire a high-performing cross-functional team including; Product, Engineering, Design, Data, Finance, Retail, and Marketing.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Experience leading multiple, cross-functional product teams, that deliver highly successful and innovative consumer internet products.
- An ability to set a high bar not only for yourself, but your team too. Empowering them to achieve great results, through inspiring development & mentorship. ‘Rock Stars’ need not apply.
- Collaborative and empathic. Understands and promotes that highly functioning successful modern working environments are predicated on collaborative servant leadership models, not command and control. You actively seek the needs of the team over your own.
- Experience of complex, internal back-end systems and both the constraints and opportunities that exist within is desirable.
- Innovative pragmatism. Successfully balancing the need to constantly push towards end delivery, against your desire for real consumer innovation.
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on when required. When others flag, you dig-in, persevere and inspire people back with your positivity. You’re able to go the distance, when others simply cant.
- Light touch data. You just get the data you need with no fuss and use it to inform insightful stories. You know how to leverage good use of data, to make decisions, without getting stuck in analysis paralysis – especially when data isn’t complete.
- User-centricity, challenging the status quo and making sure we put customers at the heart of everything we do. Relentless in your pursuit of customer ease in the face of policies, procedures, governance or accepting ‘it’s just the way it’s been done before.’
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…