Full-Time Lead UI Designer
We are looking for a Lead UI Designer to join our amazing UI team here at ASOS. You will be a passionate designer, with experience leading a team. The UI team here at ASOS are responsibile for designing and developing the visual design of new and existing propositions and collaborate with the wider team on branding and asset requirements to support their work.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead the UI design function. Set, review, challenge and communicate the design system direction along with other brand creative leads
- Line management / performance management responsibility for the UI design team
- Mentor and develop talent. Review the teams objectives on an ongoing basis and improve the collective capability and toolset
- Workflow Prioritization. Constantly develop our process and be accountable for the final output
- Maintain and foster close partnerships with UX, development, creative, analytics and other key teams
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
- Create striking visual designs across our platforms and products
- Help to support the MVT testing program and seek to drive incremental revenue wherever possible, be aware of emerging trends and take an interest in data driven design
- Simplify complex interaction problems and champion a user centered design methodology
- Deliver that extra 10% – make sure designs look great before go live.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Digital eCommerce Experience, preferably with a portion of that in-house
- A digital design degree or equivalent qualification
- An excellent portfolio of solutions across the spectrum of design, covering different platforms and services.
- Experience managing teams & mentoring designers of different experience levels
- A genuine passion for interface design and interaction with a strong attention to detail
- Leading and growing teams / developing talent
- Proven ability to lead workshops and kick off sessions
- Highly creative with ability to think outside the box
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation of clean user-centered design
- Very comfortable presenting to senior directors and leadership team
- Diplomatic and collaborative with a calm temperament, able to work within cross disciplinary teams
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
- High level of competency with relevant creative tools (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Very experienced in designing for multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile & Tablet web / apps)
- Experience in Responsive or adaptive design methods
- Strong experience with motion design and highly interactive interfaces
- Experience using prototyping tools (e.g. Pixate, Invision App, Marvel, flinto etc)
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.