Full-Time Marketing & Design Lead
We’re a remote team of highly mobile, technically adept event organisers. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketeer who will be responsible for a wide variety of our customer facing communications as the business enters its next period of growth.
Why this role is important
We’ve built a global community and events business with an enviable brand reputation. We’re now poised for an amazing period of growth, but we need to add clarity to our communications, understand our existing audience segments much better and indeed, reach out to new ones. We regard this role as crucial to our future success and are keen to hire someone who can own it outright and help us reach new heights!
What you’ll learn
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the Product Management discipline – one of the fastest growing and most influential roles in many tech firms
- If you believe online and physical marketing should be intrinsically linked, we’ll provide an enviable role to test and develop your knowledge
- We love experimentation – if you have an idea on how something can be improved, or even changed completely – make the case, convince us. We love to say yes, so what you learn will largely depend on how creative you can be!
- Own our annual events calendar, from 1,500+ delegate conferences down to workshops of 15 people, globally
- Craft and own the marketing calendar for the year based on key events and dates
- Craft messaging around dates, speakers, workshops, ranging from tweets to long-form blog posts
- Own social marketing (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc), including images, and maintain Buffer or similar scheduling
- Own all marketing copy, developing and iterating based on market feedback, business growth, new competitors, etc.
- Conferences (sponsor brochures, delegate “why attend”, speaker announcements)
- Training – corporate promotional literature, collaborate on bids & proposals, training session workbooks
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution – especially email (MailChimp currently)
- Weekly subscriber newsletter build
- ProductTank organisers quarterly newsletter
- Training newsletter
- Audience segmentation and list management
- Conference & workshop primers
- Lead Gen & Drip campaigns
- Experiment with new channels – content creation, content curation, publicity, lead generation campaigns, performance analysis, and much more
- Explore PR and media partnerships
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Design support
- Many aspects of website & blog
- Collaborate on event assets (pop up banners, sponsor branding, stage design, crew t-shirts, etc)
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar)
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences, creatively devising and leading cross-channel marketing campaigns that educate & engage
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (currently Google Analytics)
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
You’ll get a generous budget for the laptop of your choice. We’re based across South East England, and meet in London for Team Day once a week – the rest of the time, we collaborate on Slack, Google Docs, etc and we all work from home. We’ve a strong international background, champion the cause of diversity in tech and look after our people like family!