Full-Time Product & Project Manager
Join a small but nimble product team in a successful, rapidly growing startup.
Hopster is an app that helps kids to learn through the content they love, striking a balance between learning and fun. As one of the top-ranking kids apps on the App Store in 20 countries and counting, one of the App Store’s Best of 2014 and Best of 2015 selection, as well as Kidscreen 2016 Best Streaming Video Platform winner and 2016’s Best App of the Year on Apple TV, we already do this for over 500k families.
Our investors and advisors include Sandbox & Co, Peter Read (LoveFilm), MADE.com CTO Jonathan Howell, and Davina McCall.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone to join our Producer team – contributing to the management of our mobile app development and helping us take Hopster to the next level.
You’ll need to be a self-starter, very well organised, a great communicator, and comfortable managing multiple projects at once. Ideally you’ll bring a good mix of analytical skills, creativity and pragmatism to the table too. We’re a small team with a big vision, so there’s plenty to get involved with and real ownership to be had over your tasks.
If you have a background in a relevant role, love working with a passionate team and want kids to watch and learn good stuff, this job could be perfect for you.
More about the role
Since launching in December 2013, Hopster’s become one of the world’s favourite kids apps. Firmly established as the market leader in the UK, our global roll-out kicked off in June 2015 and we’re now working on winning the rest of the world. To help us achieve this, we need someone to help us produce the most exciting and innovative app for kids.
At Hopster, this role has two main areas; Product Management and Project Management.
Product Management: help shape the best possible product by helping to define the product vision, goals and release strategy, whilst representing the needs of the customer.
Project Management: seeing a project through from the creative ideation to delivery. This will include scoping, budgeting, producing, managing the project to timelines through the entire process.
This particular role has a strong focus on features, growth and live ops. You’ll be working on things like:
- The development of new app features
- Maintaining and optimising our SDKs and analytics implementation
- Setting up and managing A/B tests with our Growth team
- Fixing, maintaining and optimising our existing platforms with our Live Ops team
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Care about and believe in our mission – making screen time a win/win for kids and parents
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Have proven skills in managing complex projects from creative ideation to delivery
- Have first rate product skills with a strong analytical bent, making key decisions about product vision and shape
- Have worked with cross functional teams (designers, animators, developers, stakeholders)
- Have strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Be self-motivated, resilient and able to make and manage your own work
- Able to manage tight budgets effectively and efficiently
- Actively following the latest trends in your field and be keen to evangelise them to others
- Want to join a fast-growing startup (even if you don’t have prior experience in a startup environment)
It would also be brilliant if you were fluent in another European language or two (for sense-checking)
And we care if you are:
- Passionate, driven, energetic
- Resilient, but flexible
- A great team player
- Problem solving not problem seeking
- Positive and friendly, but not scared to speak your mind
- Strategic and organised
- A great communicator
About working at Hopster
We understand children and we are a diverse, ambitious team. We strive for a fast, fun, and creative environment. We embrace new ideas and work together to build a better Hopster. Everyone gets as much responsibility as they can handle and, as a rapidly growing company, we’d expect to offer people who perform well plenty of future growth opportunities.
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a rapidly growing company, with opportunities for further growth, training and development.
- You will be able to shape your own role whilst being supported by the Head of Product.
- You’ll be working alongside other multi-talented Producers and be part of our growing international team.
- Opportunity to work with latest technology alongside a passionate, fast growing team.
- Regular Hopster socials, such as Movie nights and Games nights. We are a creative and geeky bunch here at Hopster.
We offer a monthly health and wellness allowance, flexible holiday, and regular team beers and lunches.