Full-Time Product Director
Who We Are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, a suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer from bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best-loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms and involves many facets. We work on a suite of products that cover consumer, growth, delivery, restaurant, delivery and infrastructure.
Reporting to our VP of Product, as Product Director, you’ll own product strategy and vision for one of our core product groups. You’ll also guide and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers on a variety of areas as we scale further. Throughout all of this you’ll continue to nurture the autonomous environment we have here and help the team strive for excellence in delivering superb customer experiences (our customers are consumers, riders and restaurants FYI).
Skills & Experience
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in online product management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing product prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Proven experience line managing and coaching product managers.
- Proven experience in executing product strategy across multiple feature teams.
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, applying intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work
- An evangelist’s touch for exciting an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work, and a salesman’s ability to convince your stakeholders to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask
- Significantly above standard analytical and technical skills, with an ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well founded
- The sort of person who thrives in a fast moving, quickly changing atmosphere. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
- A passion for great food. We love the product, and truly believe we’re making a difference
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making and being willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- Experience in the rapid growth stage of a company and with that, the ability to help us with some of the growing challenges ahead of us
It would also be great if you have:
- Strong consulting experience at a big name firm
- An MBA from a top tier institution
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture