Full-Time Product Manager, API
Exciting new opportunity for a chemist with software development skills, to become a Product Manager at the Royal Society of Chemistry.
As Product Manager, you will develop and manage the roadmap, and oversee all development, for our Application Programme Interface (API) platform product lines.
You will have a business-critical role in ensuring that the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) develops and delivers a range of digital services, in line with a clear and effective strategy. You will create and deliver a superior customer experience while simultaneously providing long-term value and establishing strong working relationships.
Working with our Product Development Team and Technology Department and other stakeholders, you will support and deliver the vision of our Publishing Directorate. Based at our offices at the Science Park Cambridge, you will also travel to see UK and international clients, with limited working from home possible.
We are looking for:
- Good knowledge of chemical information and how it’s used to solve industry and academia needs and problems.
- Hands-on experience of database development, ideally in the .NET technology framework.
- The ability to understand customers’ data requirements, prototype APIs, and to develop and manage a product roadmap.
- Strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure products deliver on-going sales growth.
- An understanding of the technologies required to build a product and how they fit together and how technology trends impact the product roadmap and drive innovation.
- Excellent communication skills to sell the product vision at all levels from end-users to senior managers and maintain effective working relationships with development teams to communicate and deliver on requirements.
- Exemplary customer focus, a passion for delivering products that will delight customers and the ability to translate complex issues in terms of customer needs.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to lead multiple projects within a matrix environment.
- Experience in a customer-facing ‘commercial-cum-technical’ role such as product manager, pre-sales or technical consultant, would be an advantage.