Full-Time Product Manager, API
Sage is at the tipping point of leading in the cloud market for small to enterprise businesses, across accounting, payroll, HR and payments solutions through the Sage Business Cloud. The Marketplace and Developer Solutions portfolio enables Sage Business Cloud to achieve the ambition to be the single provider of business management solutions that our customers will ever need throughout their business journey from start-up to enterprise. It enables integrated value propositions of Sage and Partner applications that meet customers’ complete vertical and line of business needs. It drives the massive growth of customers on subscription in the cloud by providing the best-in-market experience, APIs, monetization strategies and third-party applications that bring value that customers and developers cannot live without. To be successful in that mission, we are looking for a global product manager who has the vision, creativity, drive and determination to win in the market.
The Global Product Manager for Sage Accounting API Solutions is responsible for defining and leading the execution (build, go-to-market and in-life success) of best-in-market product APIs for the Sage Accounting portfolio. The Sage Accounting API is critical to our success, enabling ISV and technology partners to integrate with Sage Accounting to deliver innovative, customer-led, complete business solutions to the market. The APIs will also accelerate Sage Accounting sales through enabling wider partner reseller channels. The Sage Accounting API must be global, open, functionally complete, 100% documented and offered to partners in as slick a process as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Sage to leapfrog the competition with the right person, who will combine functional expertise with vision, drive, and the ability to enthuse others and gain “speed-of-now” momentum. The Global Product Manager will be get involved in significant partner deals and be passionate about creating a delivery machine that enables partners to onboard with Sage better than with any other vendor. The Global Product Manager will be on the one hand able to envision and define product while also fully owning the commercial mechanics and outcomes that Sage needs to win in this space.
- Create, define and articulate compelling product vision & strategy for Sage Accounting API Solutions
- Own end to end product as well as commercial success
- Deliver against extremely ambitious measures (developer partners, sales, YOY growth)
- Govern Build of knock-out product
- Deliver outstanding go-to-market and commercial rigour
- Be the voice and the mission of the Accounting API Solutions inside and outside Sage
- Create, maintain and communicate product and commercial roadmaps on a monthly basis
- Adopt rigor in all activity including use of tools, processes and methodologies such as JIRA, Agile, AHA
- Be the reference for competitive and market knowledge
- Cloud and cloud ecosystem technologies and economics – deep experience
- Proven experience of definition, build, launch and growth of cloud product APIs to enable integrated ISV and developer add-on solutions
- Brilliance in stakeholder management and governance
- Strong experience working in a matrix international large organization in tech
- Industry recognition in cloud and developer solutions