Full-Time Product Manager, Growth
What will you be responsible for?
As Product Manager, Growth, you will lead App Annie’s User Journey. What is our User Journey? It means creating and optimizing the best possible paths for people to discover our company and products, try our free offering, all the way through to becoming a customer and ultimately an advocate.
You will balance providing points of delight with points of fiction so that people are excited and incentivized to take the next step, with a scalable, product mindset.
You will have a key impact on growing traffic, registrations, active users, MQLs, pipeline and NPS.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I create and maximize the way people discover, register and become customers for App Annie, the #1 provider of app market data.”
How will you be doing this?
- Presenting compelling cases for action backed up with metrics, metrics, and more metrics
- Owning our dynamic SEO strategy and outcomes across all geographies and languages, making App Annie as discoverable as possible to the millions of mobile professionals in the world. Especially those in China.
- Owning our pre-registration product experience, that demonstrates the power of our product offering in a compelling, and relevant way to mobile professionals.
- Guiding people through points of in-product friction such as registration, onboarding, and paywalls
- Directing strategy for the User Journey across desktop web, mobile web and native mobile
- Working with a UX mindset – deeply understanding, connecting and advocating for our users, their needs and wants.
- Coordinating closely with marketing and sales ops
- Gathering requirements from lots of stakeholders, finding common ground, proposing and negotiating solutions that can be implemented with a clear bias for action.
And as a member of the product team at App Annie you’ll be:
- Making decisions based on data.
- Driving vision & strategy for App Annie’s in-product User Journey and pitching to VPs & C-level executives.
- Saying ‘no’ a lot, to make your ‘yes’ stronger – 1,000,000+ users, 450+ colleagues means you’ll never be short of ideas – you have to decide on the right ones, and get them done fast. Focus is your middle name.
- Enthusiastically leading your team consisting of developers, designers and user experience researchers, towards that vision with effective delivery.
- Breaking complex projects into smart minimum viable products, features, prototypes and iterations.
- Monitoring industry trends to inform product strategy.
- Demoing cool new stuff & celebrating successes with your team.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What should you bring to the party?
- You’re smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you’ve got one or more degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Econometrics, HCI/UX Design).
- You know the ins and outs of large scale SEO. Baidu and mobile web especially.
- You’re technical, and not afraid go into the weeds with engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, designs and potential solutions.
- You’re data driven and familiar with CTRs, MQLs, Page Rank, Pipeline velocity, MAUs and the tools to measure these things.
- You’re diplomatic and considerate of people and their opinions, you propose solutions such that people support you, even when you’re not able to provide exactly what they want.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- Positively curious and a technology enthusiast. You fork this and commit that for fun.
- You pose probing questions to quickly and fully understand what someone’s talking about.
- Minimum of 4 years combined professional experience in a product management, UX, engineering, or usage acquisition role in an Internet company.
- Experience vetting product-ideas through various testing and analytics.
- Fluency in English and SCRUM.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop.
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A yearly fitness stipend that will keep you up and moving.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
About App Annie
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.