Full-Time Product Manager – Consultancy
Apply your exceptional product management skills in a unique environment to create exciting opportunities for growth.
As part of NPL’s Commercial team we develop, manage and commercialise high value consultancy products and services that create impact from our excellent science, supports UK productivity and delivers a return on investment.
As a Product Manager, you will own, define and provide leadership throughout the product lifecycle for a portfolio of consultancy products, prioritising those for development that are of high impact and commercial value and which deliver impact via market leading solutions. You will ensure that NPL`s New Product Introduction (NPI) activity is embedded, that new products and services are created from the underpinning science base in response to robust evidence of industry need and that they are commercialised as quickly and effectively as possible.
Working as part of the Commercial Consultancy team, you will:
• Have financial targets for growing NPL’s business (revenue and margin) from the introduction of a pipeline of new services, developed out of the research activities of NPL and our collaborators
• Use NPL’s NPI process to identify and select opportunities for the development of new, high value or high impact services. You will work with colleagues across the business and in external markets to develop those services and take them to market
• Gain a deep understanding of customer and stakeholder needs in the target Sector and identify candidate technologies within the NPL research programmes that can be developed into new measurement services to meet those needs
• Develop novel business models for product delivery as part of supporting business cases for selected new services
• Use the Sector and other high level business strategies to inform the selection of candidate new services to meet the grand challenges defined in those strategies
• Act as the voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle to ensure that new services deliver the greatest possible benefit to NPL’s customers and maximum possible financial return to NPL
• Champion the NPI process across the business, providing facilitation and guidance to technical and management teams and enable the wider adoption of those practices across the business
• Work with NPL’s sales and marketing teams to take new services to market, developing suitable channels to target segments and supporting multi-media sales collateral material
• Develop personal networks with customers and stakeholders in the target Sector and use those networks to capture market needs for new services as well as obtaining feedback on their experience of existing NPL services to inform future enhancements
Skills and Experience
• Skilled in developing consultancy products and services from scratch with sound knowledge of different learning methodologies
• Promotes a strong focus on the needs of customers, suppliers and delivery partners
• Experienced at leading the transformation of services to users, moving to a digital approach whenever possible
• Using data analysis to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of consultancy products and services
• Outstanding problem solving, project management, planning and people influencing skills
• Commercial skills including strong understanding of operational business revenue, cost drivers, and ROI
• A degree in Science or Engineering is preferred.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.