Full-Time Product Manager
Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from arabian tents to woodfired pizza caterers.
We’re looking for an ambitious product manager to help us in our mission to revolutionise the event services industry. You should be looking for a new challenge where you’ll get to use your full-breadth of skills and have a hunger to learn all of the latest tools and techniques to help push our platform forward.
We have some impressive traction on both sides of the marketplace so you’ll benefit from having a lot of data to get stuck into as well as directly seeing the impact your changes have on revenue.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for user-centric design and using customer data to drive decision-making
- Experience with project management for websites and web apps including use of tools such as Jira
- Growth hacker mentality – a passion for analysing and optimising existing processes as well as the creative mindset to come up with new initiatives.
- A solid understanding of online marketing practices with a particular focus on SEO and PPC
- Experience devising and running A/B tests with tools such as Google Optimize, VWO or Optimizely
- Experience of using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and MixPanel to track user behaviour within complex web applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the product development of our client facing website (10,000+ pageviews a day), web application for suppliers (6000+ users) and internal CRM system.
- Managing and communicating both internal and external product roadmaps.
- Standardising design practices across the company
- Creating mockups for new pages and functionality using Sketch
- Implementing growth strategies for both sides of the marketplace including optimisation of acquisition and onboarding flows.
- Managing growth experiments and preparing updates for weekly meetings
- Setting up processes for collecting and organising feedback from our users and team
- Organising and managing workshops and usability testing to help improve the existing product and inform our product roadmap
- Keeping the team up to date on all aspects of product development
- Working with our lead developer to manage the development workflow and prioritisation in Jira
- Managing the testing of new releases including cross-browser and device testing
- Optimising transactional emails including image selection, copywriting and running A/B tests
- Working closely with the team to evolve our custom built CRM system
- Competitive salary
- Fun, friendly office environment (inc. Fußball and table tennis) with street food fridays and monthly team socials.
- Opportunity to work in a very product focused team where both founders have a deep understanding of how to build and promote online platforms.
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices.
Add to Event was founded by two brothers, Tim and Ben, who became frustrated by the difficulties of finding suppliers for events. Having worked together running a digital agency they decided to use their skills to build a platform to solve this problem.
We’ve grown organically with a small but incredibly talented team and a few years on are now the leading UK marketplace for event services, processing thousands of customer requests every week.
For the past 6 months we’ve been part of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator and were announced as one of the winners from over 90 startups that took part.
We are a very product led company and our success has come through working closely with our users (some of them have even invested in us), learning the industry inside out and combining this with best practices in user experience and data-driven decision making.
We have big ambitions and are growing a team of talented developers, designers and product managers to help build world-class products for the event services industry.