Full-Time Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
BenevolentAI harnesses artificial intelligence to enhance and accelerate scientific discovery by making sense of highly fragmented information to create new insights and usable knowledge that benefit society.
Based on a year of strong validation of the core AI technology of the company, and substantial progress in extension of the data content, automated annotation, and tools based on our proprietary biomedical knowledge graph. We are expanding our team. Handling and manipulation of chemical and biological information, combined with our artificial intelligence approaches will allow us to take drug design and discovery to the next level, and are core to the company achieving its ambitious corporate goals.
As a Product Manager at BenevolentAI, you will play an instrumental role to help define the product, liaise with our scientist end users, understand which features will drive adoption and ensure they are prioritized into the product roadmap. An understanding of the technical aspects of the product will be required.
The Product Manager will play a lead role in defining an effective product management process which can scale as the business continues to grow.
Working closely with the VP of Design and the other Product Managers this person will contribute in directing their energy to the right areas, help to prioritize and optimize the product roadmap within this agile development environment. The service will be mainly cloud-based, making great use of the very latest visualization tools and techniques.
A great understanding of embracing a design led approach to product development will certainly help, with a strong empathy to UX.
You will be an early employee and this is a great opportunity to get involved at a start-up with strong financial backing and global ambitions.
- Defining and implementing an effective Product Management process
- Minimum of three years Product Management experience in a commercial environment – ideally some experience within a product-centric software company.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the full life cycle of a product end to end
- Experience working on a product with a community feel where adoption of the product is essential for success
- Sensitivity to intuitive UX design
- Product Management within an agile environment
- Ability to prioritise, organize and communicate effectively across the whole team
- Experience with large-scale document indexing, search and visualisation products are a plus
- Experience interfacing with front-end developers and their code in HTML5/JS/Jquery/Java
- Good first degree (1st or 2.1) from a top class university. Masters will be an advantage
- Ability to discuss scope, functionality, and refining specifications
- Prior involvement or interest in bioinformatics, genomics, or biology
- Start-up experience a plus
We offer a great opportunity to do what you like while doing something that will improve and save millions of people lives.