Full-Time Product Manager
About the role
At Masabi we are helping make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys. We are a SaaS company, who develop software and apps that allow customers to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones, meaning no more waiting in line at ticket vending machines or needing to carry cash. Our apps are deployed in cities around the globe, including New York, London, Boston, Athens, Las Vegas, The Hague, Los Angeles and many more. We are 100 people at offices in London, New York and Boston, with satellite offices around the globe.
We are looking for a Product Manager to take ownership of some of our validation products, supporting the Senior Product Manager and strategic roadmap as well as technology improvements. You will work with the engineering team, project managers, hardware suppliers, UX designers and the other Product Managers to build an integrated best in class product experience.
Validation is a key workstream across our ticketing products and allows us to provide flexible and comprehensive solutions to reading and validating a range of ticket formats from a barcode to a smartcard.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gain a deep understanding of the problem space through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- Co-ordinate business requirements and build user stories to support product development
- Work with colleagues across Masabi to develop the product specs and subsequent delivery approach
- Prioritise the competing demands for product features, customer requests and technology improvements
- Engage closely with the software engineers to help determine appropriate solutions as well as an optimum execution schedule
- Liaise with colleagues at all levels to negotiate scheduling
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Be passionate about all things product with at least 1- 2 years experience in product management or you will be a developer looking to move into product management full time
- Have some experience working in agile environments
- Have some experience working directly with a team of software engineers
- Have some experience in business analysis and requirements gathering
- Have a strong desire to understand the end user and affect their day to day
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working on enterprise level products – either hardware or software products
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party suppliers
- Hands-on software development experience either in a product or development role
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
What you will learn in this role:
- You will build on your product management experience in an innovative and disruptive global business
- You will learn how to work closely with development teams in an agile environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on both software and hardware products that impact millions of people around the world.
- Competitive salary package
- Bright spacious office in quiet area in Old Street with floor to ceiling windows and garden
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches
- Flexible working hours and up to 30 days holiday per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social gatherings with monthly allowance for each employee
- Onsite Pilates classes
- Biannual company events (most recent include Lazer Quest, Escape the Room, Dodge Ball, Go-Karting etc.)
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
At Masabi, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.