Full-Time Product Manager
Metail allows users to try clothes online by entering three simple measurements to create their 3D online body model, called a MeModel®. For online shoppers, this increases their confidence to buy, as well as allowing them to experiment with new styles. For brands, it increases engagement, overall net sales and reduces return rates. Brands are finding new ways to use our collective data in understanding the role of body shape in fashion, which in turn helps them design clothes better, make their supply chain more efficient, and help their customers find and buy clothes they’ll love and keep.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Retail crew. As our next Product Manager you will work closely with our Designers, Engineers and B2B Marketing Manager to help optimize our existing products and explore innovative new ways we can develop our product further.
Coming from a products background, you will have a natural passion for product design, technology and understanding our customers. You will enjoy learning, with great influence and negotiation skills while being able to hold your own when presenting to the wider team and company.
Day to day, you will be finding insights, creating hypotheses, helping our designers create experiments that improves our product for the end user. You’ll be managing the expectations of all the stakeholders internally, and some externally as well as reporting on the products progress to the whole company.
This role will require regular travel to out Tech HQ based in Cambridge.
- Managing the development of both new and existing products (online, mobile and in-store)
- Being the internal champion for the product and user
- Leading and communicating the product vision
- Responsible for understanding customer needs and existing market
- Assessing the impact of potential developments and maintaining a prioritised product backlog, and release timeline
- Developing user stories and preliminary designs
- Analysing, understanding and monitoring the impact of any change to a product or new product
- Working with the Retail team within Metail to develop and launch products
What makes you our next Product Manager?
- You will have experience wireframing and usability testing
- Have basic data analysis and experiment set-up skills
- You will be flexible and open to taking on more responsibilities as the role grows
- You’re a self starter, personable people person with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and able to prioritise
- Familiar with or have worked within the agile framework
- You enjoy hypothesis driven approaches
- You have experience working with a technical team
- You have experience or a keen interest in the fashion/technology industry
What can Metail offer you?
- The chance to make a real difference in a fun startup environment.
- Competitive pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 8 days training per year and a generous budget.
- Sociable working environment.
- Annual travel card loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Great company culture with weekly cocktails and monthly company-wide drinks
- The chance to work alongside and learn from team members with a variety of different backgrounds including seasoned business professionals from the world of technology and fashion, PhDs, and bloggers.
A little bit more about Metail
The London Metail office is based in the heart of Aldgate East. Located in a redeveloped Victorian wool warehouse overlooking the East London skyline, Brick Lane, Spitafields Market and everything in between is within short walking distance. We’re a sociable team, often having lunch together or a Friday night cocktail. The London office plays host to the annual Christmas Party where Metail’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.