Full-Time Product Manager
So what’s this about then?
At Pugpig, we have been asking what the future of publishing looks like, for traditional publishers, brands and for enterprise. We are sure that while the social platforms are key for brands, the best way to engage with their users is on their own terms – through branded apps. We make it really easy for anyone to make an app and publish content to it – either on a regular basis through our more traditional platform, or continuously using our new, flexible timeline-based product.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for both these platforms and our authoring service. By assessing the success of our clients and listening to their feedback, you will prioritise features and create product roadmaps. You will work with stakeholders – both internal and external – to ensure that that product is moving in the right direction, and that we are building the right things at the right time.
We run agile, cross-company sprints and you will be responsible for keeping Jira boards up to date, and where relevant keeping product backlogs in check. This role includes writing specs, designing wireframes, analyzing data and communicating with our cross-functional teams of developers, designers, testers and onboarders.
We are looking for a fast-learner, somebody who is not shy to ask questions and offer solutions. It would be useful to have had experience managing software development in a small, fast-paced company, but we would be interested to hear about other experiences you think are relevant.
We are based in Kings Cross, London.
What you’ll need to do:
- Track overall market and competitive dynamics
- Manage the long term roadmap, involving sales, marketing, clients, prospects, and stakeholders
- Requirements gathering on feature ideas as needed — consulting with existing and prospective clients and other stakeholders
- Listen to feedback from, and communicate to other non-technical organizations (such as sales, marketing etc)
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives
- Create and maintain a positive working environment by building strong relationships with teams and management
- Document story details based on the epics and after review with development
- Take responsibility for the product backlogs and lead backlog grooming
- Create UX mockups
- Answer questions from developers, clarify requirements, etc
- Develop requirements documentation, use cases and acceptance criteria for new product features
- Demonstrate latest iteration to stakeholders and customers (pre-release) and gather feedback
- Partner with team leads and management to conduct regular reviews – constantly seeking to improve processes and eliminate outdated practices and processes
- Collaborate with developers and testers to ensure set tasks are delivered as specified
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience working in an agile environment, working in short sprint timeframes
- Track record of working with software engineers to create great things
- 4 years minimum working in software development in some capacity
- 1-2 years minimum of mobile product management experience
- Proven ability to get things done
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Effective stakeholder wrangling
- Excellent analytical skills