Full-Time Product Manager
Influence technology that actually matters.
Simprints builds cutting-edge technology for some of the poorest and most challenging environments on earth. We are working at the exciting interface of biometrics, tech, and international development: changing the status quo in the way NGOs and governments deliver vital services like vaccines, healthcare, finance, and emergency aid. Working with top partners like Google and ARM, we build IoT hardware and software with modern tools like Kotlin, Firebase, and Google Cloud with an aim to reach 4 million beneficiaries by 2021.
We are looking for a resourceful Product Manager to join our growing team. You need to be sharp, collaborative, a quick learner, and able to thrive in a startup environment. You should have a solid grasp of engineering, data analytics and strategy, and able to contribute to high-quality products that will impact millions of beneficiaries. Past experience with directing product lifecycles and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills are the ideal fit. You will have a wide-breadth of knowledge and are always looking to learn and improve.
Why work for Simprints?
- Build products that reach millions of beneficiaries!
- Co-workers committed to delivering high-quality products
- Truly flexible working hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? That’s fine by us. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who work between 9am and 5pm.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Fieldwork around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Quarterly ‘Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships and additional wellness budget!
- Free healthy breakfast and snacks!
- Coolest office in Cambridge (it’s a 14th-century castle!)
What are your responsibilities?
- Develop and consolidate user stories and pain points, archetypes, feature lists, and key design materials into necessary product requirements
- Align commercial demand, engineering, and design to develop and maintain cutting-edge technology
- Collaborate across various teams, establishing initiatives and aligning with cross-functional goals including timelines, workflows, and product benchmarks
- Ensure product continuously fulfils company mission, values, and goals with a strong emphasis on user needs
- Help build and lead product voice and vision
What skills and experience do you need?
- Education and/or background in engineering; experience with technology in an international development context is a strong plus
- Experience identifying user pain points and collaborating with a wider team to implement solutions
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products and their life-cycles, and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication skills
- Previous experience as a product manager is a strong plus
- Intellect. You have a strong ability to synthesize and process key information
- People person. You are able to communicate effectively across many levels, and build strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
- Learning. You love learning new things and can pick up new methods quickly
- Flexibility. You are able to think on your feet, adapting quickly to new situations and tools
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things
- Grit. You have the drive to dig deep into problems to discover pain points and features from multiple perspectives.
- Passion. If contributing technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!