Full-Time Product Manager
Skimlinks is the world’s leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products. We help publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, HuffPost, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world’s largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent.
We’re seeking an intelligent and pragmatic Product Manager to work on our core Skimlinks product. This is a mature product that has been over multiple iterations since it’s conception, and continues to evolve; it is an integral part of our future revenue and growth.
In order to build great products at Skimlinks, you will need to develop a deep understanding of our market, customers and product data. On the customer side, you’ll develop a strong empathy for their needs and challenges. On the data side, have a curiosity to dig into analytics, SQL and spreadsheets. On the market; you will guide our design and engineering teams towards solutions that are ahead of the market, and retain our position as global leader in our space.
- Your day to day work will be a mix of product / feature development and support / improvement of our existing platform.
- You will need to quickly understand the customer problems we are facing, using a blend of data, knowledge from our internal commercial and leadership teams, and customer contact. You should also review industry news to spot trends, identify opportunities and threats.
- Using this data you will pull together input from relevant teams, you will present a clearly defined problem, work with design & engineering to build solutions, and support their delivery of the solution.
- You’ll be measured in terms of business outcomes (e.g. uplift in revenue or engagement), and your ability to deliver creative and impactful solutions swiftly.
- You should be constantly communicating with internal teams, be able to articulate clearly and confidently, and get consensus from the team bought into your product/plans.
- You’ll ensure quality through testing, continual customer advocacy and sharing of vision in all meetings with engineering team.
- You will be creative and have an appreciation of beautiful aesthetics, appealing design and intuitive UX, and have a keen interest in how data is visualised and interpreted.
- Delivery focused – a track record developing and delivering enterprise products in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Smart – a natural intelligence, with an ability and insatiable appetite to learn and pick things up quickly.
- Pragmatic – wisely and swiftly making the right trade-offs between speed of delivery and perfection. You know how to phase and segment project outputs to balance delighting customers constantly with investing in the long term quality of our platform.
- Creative – ability and real passion for devising creative solutions to technical or product problems, and a talent for crafting intuitive and appealing interfaces for those solutions
- Industry knowledge or experience is preferred . This role will require you build a deep understanding of the e-commerce, publishing, Adtech, MarTech, or B2B SaaS industries quickly.
- Communications – build rapport with the team and customers; communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms; passionately share company and product vision with those working on your products
- Bias for action – constantly pushing to move forward, keeping the tempo, continually delighting customers and teammates
- Organised – your team know what is coming up, you manage all of your inbound requests reliably, your backlog is always ready, you always get a lot done
We are an equal opportunity employer.