Full-Time Product Manager
Voodoo Manufacturing is building a digital factory to make manufacturing as fast, affordable, and scalable as software. Our Brooklyn-based factory of 160 3D printers can make thousands of plastic parts and products in astonishingly short periods of time. We are making manufacturing more accessible by helping companies and individuals bridge the gap between prototyping and high-volume production. Our customers include Intel, Universal Studios, SyFy Channel, Autodesk, Viacom, Mattel, and many more. We are well-funded by top-notch investors including Y Combinator (W17 batch), General Catalyst, and KPCB Edge, and are focused on building an elite team as we scale the company over the coming years.
We are looking for a standout Product Manager to help us build, launch, and improve new products, services, and internal tools. Our product “stack” ranges from our customer-facing website to our Print API (which we use ourselves) to our internal platform that runs our factory. At its core, this position is about gathering and conceptualizing requirements, defining the entirety of a product (from strategy to UI), and leading its development.
WHO YOU ARE (TL;DR)
- You have a technical background, having studied and/or worked in a STEM field
- You have at least 1 year of “full-stack” software product management experience, and have developed an eerily good product sense
- During your time as a product manager, you’ve actually built and shipped a product
- You believe in the future of digital manufacturing, and you have been dreaming about working at a company like Voodoo.
As the Product Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with management to help craft the vision, roadmap, and goals for our products, services, and internal tools, and translate that into concrete product objectives.
- Empathize with the wide range of Voodoo’s customers and applications using qualitative and quantitative customer data.
- Develop ideas into product requirements, specs, wireframes, and mock-ups that can be used to facilitate discussion and eventually guide development.
- Work with the software team to help lead the planning, development, testing, and launch of new products and tools.
- Create, maintain, prioritize and groom the product backlog of features.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back in.
- 1-3+ years of Product Management experience — you’ve shipped products before
- Strong product and UI/UX intuition, with a knack for simplifying things
- Technical depth and understanding (engineering/CS background is a plus)
- Ability to turn requirements into specs and UI/UX mockups (experience with graphic design software is a plus)
- Experience with agile development and project management tools
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Team oriented and excited for adventure
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Awesome team with 30+ years 3D printing and technology experience
- Company equity
- Medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- Strong snack game
- Access to all the 3D printing you could ever want (great for gifts and personal projects!)
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard, relax hard
- Located in the heart of East Williamsburg
More than anything, we want you to be someone who is passionate about Voodoo’s mission, takes pride in your work, and is genuinely excited to come into the office and work hard.
If you’re excited about our mission, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We welcome people of any gender, race, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or any other self-identified group.