Full-Time Product Owner, MotoCommerce
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a Product Analyst that will be instrumental in the continued growth and success of our MotoCommerce technology platform for Enterprise customers (large automotive brands / OEMs). The primary responsibilities of the product owner are to;
- Manage the development pipeline (i.e. backlog) and completion of key projects for multiple enterprise customers
- Act as the “solution architect” on major projects and new client implementations. This requires collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders to dissect the business objective and design a high-level user journey and technical solution that achieves the desired outcome.
- Be accountable for all deliverables being completed on-time and at high quality
- Be the primary business stakeholder / point-of-contact for the development team
- Identify common themes across multiple backlogs for multiple customers and prioritize solutions
- Provide input into all roadmap and prioritization decisions
- Work with a cross-functional team to articulate detailed user experiences and document requirements (i.e. stories) for the development team
- Perform business acceptance testing on software changes for conformance to the requirements
- Be an expert on the product and provide support to other areas of the organization as needed
Additional responsibilities may be allocated to the Product Owner on a day-to-day basis depending on the needs of the team – we’ll give you as much opportunity and responsibility as you can successfully manage. As a result, the successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Your skills & experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical product management, product owner, solution design, or implementation management role. Prior experience in the automotive industry or with e-commerce is a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering web-based software products in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Achieving this while also managing expectations & commitments to external stakeholders (i.e. clients) would be a bonus.
- You have a business mind with a technology acumen – you can understand a business objective or problem, and create a valuable, flexible, and scalable technology solution (no coding required).
- You have experience working with UX / design teams, and documenting user stories and functional requirements for a development team.
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Google Apps proficiency. JIRA experience is a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills are an absolute must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills proven by presenting conclusions to colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines.
- Possess a “do whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
- Ability to work among changing priorities and timelines – you are not a 9-5er.
What We Do
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omni-channel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. Across its portfolio of owned and partnered automotive websites, Motoinsight also has one of the largest audiences of in-market new vehicle buyers which include premier brands such as Unhaggle, Consumer Reports, Globe Drive, Driving.ca, Black Book and others. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and was founded in 2011. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Recently, Motoinsight has been named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Canadian Business Profit 500 fastest-growing companies.
Who We Are
Motoinsight technology is best-in-class, but it is our people that truly make the difference. We are serious about our culture. We hire, promote and reward based on our People Values. This is what you can expect from each member of our team.
- Act as an owner in everything you do.
- Invest resources wisely as if they are yours.
- Positively impact the business with your actions.
- Never stop growing and innovating.
- Think around the corner and anticipate.
- Make those around you better.
- Execution is 90% of the battle.
- Do as you say you will.
- Take responsibility when you fall short.
- Be there when things get tough.
- Never give up.
- Always find a way.
- Be kind to each other.
- Do not be petty.
- Be part of the solution.
- Do not hurt the tribe