Full-Time Product Owner
Fitch Learning is a leader in financial services training. With unrivalled breadth and depth of training, the company delivers learning solutions for apprentices and graduates, to those with 10+ years’ experience in Financial Services. The business is split into three divisions:
- Professional Qualifications – regulatory and exam training including CISI, CFA and CQF
- Corporate Solutions – bespoke blended learning solutions, incorporating innovative digital learning solutions with quality classroom training
- Public Courses – a wide range of specialist courses, open to the public
We have a wealth of financial knowledge within our full-time faculty of tutors, our consultant network, and our learning infrastructure and technology support teams.
Our vision is about helping people realise their ambitions. Whether you’re a finance professional wanting to pass a certification to progress your career, a training professional looking to create a graduate programme to build a talent stream from Generation Y or a member of staff looking for long term career development, we will help you realise your ambitions.
We pride ourselves on our innovation, our enthusiasm for teaching and our commitment to client service.
We’re looking for individuals who have drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you’ll find Fitch Learning a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
Fitch Learning have entered a period of significant re-investment and growth. Our business will not scale at the required pace if we rely exclusively on classroom training delivery. We believe that online education product will equip the business to quickly reach new international markets while also improving the efficacy of the learning experience we offer.
We are in the process of executing our digital strategy with a new online education test-prep product. The product will be underpinned by a role-based competency model, adaptive assessments, and dynamic learning content. Our learning architecture will include structured learning, informal learning, reference/ performance support, game dynamics, and personalisation.
The product will push the boundaries of innovation in online education while leveraging the best of our technical expertise in financial services. The product will be ready to take to market in August 2016 – design work is already underway – and will be quickly followed by further product developments. We hope that you see this as an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic ‘start-up’ team who will be conceiving and testing new ideas for an innovative online education product.
Our digital strategy will provide in-depth, wide scope online-enabled learning and reference/support content for a variety of financial services professions. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for several digital products, platforms, and services, managing their road maps and delivery of new developments. Your time will be spent conducting user research, generating product requirements, acting as product owner on new developments and educating the business on product capabilities, features and behaviours.
You will be part of the Digital Learning product team where you will become the expert for several digital products and services, maintaining an in-depth knowledge and able to answer questions from both the development teams and the business.
Experience in building large scale online learning and content delivery products is essential. Experience working in Agile teams as well as implementing digital publishing process will be favoured.
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by conducting user research and liaising with the business
- Manage the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements and appraising new product ideas
- Assess market competition by comparing company’s product with competitors’ products
- Bring new products to market by analysing product requirements and product development programmes; create return on investment analyses; participate in product definition; populate, prioritise and groom the development backlog with well-formed user stories
- Establish time schedules for product delivery and recommend resourcing requirements
- Document and communicate product capabilities and answer queries on product features and behaviour
- Ensure that features are implemented correctly and work as expected
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the product features
- Meet delivery objectives by maintaining daily contact with development team and escalating issues that arise
- You will be an experience Product Owner with 2-3 years experience within a global team
- Experience of working in large multi-faceted software and content development projects
- Experience conducting user research and transforming analysis into recommendations
- Knowledge of financial services and building FinTech solutions
- Advanced skills in using Jira and visual communication tools
- Adept at understanding product capabilities and breaking these down into well-formed user stories
- Skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experienced negotiator with ability to handle conflict
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled problem solver
- CFA qualification would be advantageous