Full-Time Product Portfolio Manager
Are you an experienced Product Delivery Manager? Have a BA background? Passionate about all things digital and have a keen interest in working with passionate teams who produce products that inspire and solve everyday problems. You love identifying and solving problems, have a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision.
To be a Product Portfolio Manager at We are Nova, you will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product development and management
Our business is embarking on a significant change programme that has come about due to ambitious growth plans, this role has been established with a key purpose to:
- Work alongside our COO and to establish a consistent tool set, methodology and processes to deliver the cofoundery products and achieve targets
- Define and build upon Novas product offering to our cofoundery teams and co-founded businesses
- Be an evangelist for the delivery process and work with the COO on a continuous delivery enhancement programme
- Work with our founders to deliver the best products we can
- Be a leader, mentor and coach to Product Owners
In this role you will be responsible for leading one of our cofoundery teams to the successful delivery of our cofounded products. The Product Portfolio Manager will plan, lead, execute and report the status of products to our executive team and partners.
You will work closely with Start Up Consultants, Design/UX teams, Engineering teams and Product Owners to help define, develop, deliver and iterate Start Up products. You will have past experience either in a project management, product development, User Experience or BA role, ideally within an Agile/Lean environment either using Scrum/Kanban or similar to deliver amazing product experiences.
- Managing product development, mapping and creating user stories
- Work alongside a cross functional team of Product Owners/Manager, Design/UX and Engineers to continuously improve your product portfolio
- Work closely with product owners/managers to ensure the products in your portfolio have a prioritised set of features and release plans aligned to the riskiest assumptions to be tested
- Work closely with a portfolio of products in partnership with our cofounders, making the necessary adaptations to your products and escalating blockers where required
- Be a first among equals in product delivery
- Responsibility for coordination of product development processes, e.g. Risk and Issue Management, daily stand ups, task planning, team capacity, backlog grooming and team retrospectives.
- Creation of data-driven reporting showing story points earned (completed & tested) vs. capacity burned, estimates to completion, and sprint velocity.
- Develop weekly project reports that highlights progress, overall status, risks and suggested resolution steps, as well as upcoming work.
- Evangelising, guiding and coaching the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values, and how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Removing impediments by proactively monitoring status and engaging with the right personnel to find swift solutions and ensuring escalations are swift.
- Building a trusting and vibrant environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or judgement, placing emphasis on conflict resolution, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitating delivery via collaboration, discussion, and decision making.
- Assisting with external and upward communication and reporting, providing transparency and updates to senior management.
- Leveraging Project Management knowledge and experience to recommend enhancements to how our methodologies and toolsets are implemented.
- A good understanding of iterative development, as well as the fundamentals of software development.
- Ability to articulate the value of metrics and reporting within Agile/Lean delivery incl. backlog management, burndown charts, team velocity, and task definition.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring confidence in conflict resolution, and enabling them to adapt their style to different stakeholders.
- Social and naturally collaborative, with the ability to lead and exercise influence by organizing and motivating the team without the use of authority.
- Exceptional time management skills to facilitate all aspects of the team’s planning and prioritization process.
- Curious and interested in continuous learning, with a desire to grow their own skills and that of their teams, and adapt new tools and processes.
- Work with internal and outsourced development teams
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude to working
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey information both internally and to founders
- Ability to prioritise key tasks, as well as the flexibility to adapt to changing demands in a fast moving and complex business environment
- Ability to work alone without supervision, or as part of a team
- Previous experience of mentoring and coaching junior team members advantageous
- Working understanding of planning and collaborative tools such as JIRA/Atlassian