Full-Time Senior Product Development Manager – IP Comms
Why this role matters:
Our vision is that Business & Public Sector is the UK’s leading provider of enterprise services, enabling UK businesses & government to fulfil their digital potential. We are searching for a rock star Senior Product Development manager, someone with drive and passion to create the best customer experience and develop the best product possible! Not afraid of a challenge and to show how things can be done better and differently.
This is a chance to drive one of our flagship VoIP business products, in a growth market. The pace is fast and challenges aplenty, this is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of Voice technology and evolution. You will be given the room to shape this product into being the best in the market. Backed by a world leading infrastructure.
You will be working across BT Business and Public Sector (BPS) within the Digital, Product and Strategy group, as an integral part of the IP Comms and Switch Product team. This team drives the Cloud IP strategy and product development and has exciting 5 year growth plans that are in the process of implementation, this is future voice!
What you’ll be doing:
• Own the requirements and goals of new product developments / enhancements, always aiming for high quality launches.
• Input and contribute to the annual planning process for each financial year.
• Understand insight in IP Comms, monitor trends, work with props teams and network with industry peers in order to align with changes in market dynamics.
• To work with “in-life” product managers for access products and CPE to ensure cross portfolio compatibility.
• Manage 3rd party vendors and lead contract negotiation at renewal.
• Maintain ongoing releases for partner products and associated work with stakeholders across the business.
• Work with proposition teams across the business (SME, Corporate & MAPS) to assess requirements for development.
• Use customer insight and product vision to maintain and prioritise the development backlog.
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
• Be experienced in the full life-cycle of Product management.
• Be experienced in developing services that utilise portals and Apps.
• Have a strong track record of commercial and/or technical achievement and unit cost / product performance improvements.
• Be known for your energy and attention to detail.
• Have commercial & supplier/vendor management skills.
• Already be delivering services with external partners.
• Have the ability to manage large amounts of workloads and prioritise accordingly.
• Will have experience in defining, categorising product requirements.
• Be comfortable simplifying complex ideas and presenting at senior levels of the business.
• Have experience of working in a fast paced digital environment.
• Be experienced in using insight to make strategic and operational decisions.
We would prefer candidates to be based out of our CENTRAL LONDON office, which is a stone’s throw from St Pauls Cathedral, OR our LEEDS city centre office. However, we would consider other locations for the right candidate.
£50k – £60k + 10% bonus + £4.8k car allowance + private healthcare + 25 days holiday (can buy and sell 5 days as well!) + many other benefits such as share saver schemes, free broadband, half price cinema tickets etc.