Please login/register to apply for this job.
5 Dec 2017
Full-Time Senior Product Manager, Community
You appreciate the beauty and importance of community and creativity. You love identifying and solving problems, with a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision. You are personable, articulate in creative practices and software development, and driven to make a meaningful impact on a rapidly growing business.
As a Senior Product Manager for Community, you will be responsible for building the VSCO experience for our community members. You will continuously improve the value of VSCO’s community by empathizing with their needs and helping identify features they didn’t even recognize they needed. Doing so will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test features, partnering closely with research and data teams to ensure our community is engaged and has reason to invest in VSCO.
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, designers and engineers to deliver products that fit our company goals
- Own the product development lifecycle in a cross-functional team with a prioritized roadmap, clear milestones, and short iteration cycles
- Drive the creation of product requirements – help generate feature ideas and facilitate agreements between internal teams, ensuring products are built efficiently
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of prior experience delivering consumer apps, technology and services – shipping products to millions of users
- Direct experience focusing on the growth of a new or established product
- Passionate about delivering beautifully designed products while developing teams and individuals
- Ability to work in an agile startup environment
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product
Nice to have
- A personal interest in art and/or photography
- International product experience
VSCO® is an art and technology company that empowers creative expression around the world. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.