Full-Time Senior Product Manager – Platform
Who we are
At eve Sleep we believe that everyone deserves the perfect start. We are a direct to consumer e-commerce retailer disrupting the sleep & lifestyle industry. We offer our customers a better shopping experience, excellent service and superior products that don’t compromise quality for price. In the 3 years since eve was founded, we have grown rapidly and now have ecommerce stores in 15 countries across Europe and North America. We IPO-ed on the AIM in May 2016 (ticker: EVE) and now have over 100 people working out of our awesome offices in the heart of Camden.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for the core platform at eve sleep, which powers our websites in 15 countries and our end-to-end operations and logistics. You’ll work closely with the whole of the eve business (from operations and finance to country managers) to deliver continuous improvements to our existing platform – and to drive major new projects. You’ll have ambitious delivery targets and a small team to support you.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving improvements to our ecommerce backend (Magento 2) that will deliver better experiences for our users. This could cover everything from re-thinking how we recommend products to our users, to improving how items are grouped for delivery.
- Planning and delivering improvements to our Content Management System (Drupal). You’ll need to gather requirements from CMS users across eve and decide what we need to deliver and when.
- Working with the partnerships team to integrate offline partners (current partners include Debenhams in the UK, Karstadt in Germany).
- Owning our payments strategy. You’ll be assessing the costs and benefits of using different payments options in different countries – and integrating new options when required.
- Overseeing the delivery of a new ERP system (Netsuite) and providing input where required.
- Relentlessly prioritising across all the areas you are accountable for. You have only a certain amount of time in the week. You’ll make sure you’re spending to deliver the most impact for the business.
- Work with the engineering team as they deliver your features/improvements through agile sprints.
- Manage a team of two Product Managers.
What you’ll have (skills)
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- 4+ years total work experience in technical roles. You’ve been working as a PM on technical products, or as a software engineer.
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce. Strong knowledge of Magento 2 is essential.
- Experience working with APIs to integrate multiple systems. You’re happy to read through technical documentation when required and discuss requirements with the engineering team.
- Bonus points for experience working with Content Management Systems.
- Bonus points for experience integrating payment providers.
- Experience running (or working within) a product management process. You’ve led (or been part of) the process of identifying and prioritising problems, through to development, QA and release.
To be successful in this role you’ll be:
- Passionate about working in a start-up environment.
- Willing to take accountability for success and failure (more of the former than the latter hopefully!)
- A true team player. You’re always looking to help when your colleagues need it.
- Calm under pressure. And when things go wrong, you look for solutions rather than pointing fingers.
- Curious about learning and constantly looking to develop your skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work within a young and dynamic startup and learn from excellent colleagues.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Hiit classes, yoga and community events in our shared office space, LABS Atrium in the heart of Camden market.
- A free eve mattress and pillow and great discounts for family and friends (on completion of probation).
- 23 days holiday per year plus the usual public holidays pro rata.
Up your street? Apply online for the opportunity to join our team in the heart of Camden.