Full-Time Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will report to the Chief Product Officer and work alongside a group of Product Managers to innovate and execute initiatives across the organisation. This position will initially lead an key strategic initiative to better connect teachers together through Tes. This is a full time position based in our London office, with flexibility to work from home where appropriate.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning and delivering value through tactical and operational activities.
- Own the discovery phase working with UX architect and UX/UI designer to focus on the problem space, including identifying market requirements for current and future products including:
- Cross functional, interdepartmental collaboration (the triad)
- User feedback
- Data analysis
- Lean experimentation validating assumptions through evidence based techniques
- Drive innovation to support the strategic goals.
- Manage a well defined and prioritised scored backlog and roadmap
- Manage a well defined and prioritised bug track.
- Communicate product news, progress and issues.
- Manage stakeholders.
- Implement and keep up to date robust product scorecard with help from the analytics team.
- Implement and keep up to date A3 summary.
- Stay up to date with competitor products, similar products and industry trends.
- Regularly talk to addressable market to learn and improve market fit.
- Support commercial goals both strategically and tactically.
- As required support / lead 3rd party partnership relationships and contracts.
- Assist with the development of strategy, quarterly or annual planning and forecasting.
- Support cross platform initiatives from the problem space to solution delivery
- Coach product managers and junior product managers.
- Manage lean methodologies.
- Follow the Tes product principles – Solve real problems for schools, Right teacher right classroom, Help teaches deliver amazing lessons.
- Quarterly write and agree OKRs with Chief Product Officer aligned to product strategy.
- Ability to articulate and drive the strategic direction of a complex commercial entity.
- Strong understanding of monetising digital properties.
- Appreciation of technology.
- Solid understanding of building consumer journeys and collating and reacting to user engagement.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of autonomy and proven track record of delivery.
- Seasoned product management and agile techniques see product competency matrix for details.
- It would be an advantage to have knowledge or experience from the education sector.