Full-Time Senior Product Manager
Times Higher Education is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
Initially this role will focus on three areas, though this will expand over time:
- THE DataPoints: New product development to bring clients actionable insights from new types of data, and in new geographies.
- Hiring Solutions: Develop external and internal products to support the Hiring Solutions team in meeting customer expectations.
- Rankings / Platform: Manage day-to-day delivery of product enhancements to the THE branding platform.
The Senior Product Manager will:
- Own the product backlog for the areas outlined above.
- Update the THE board (comprising commercial, editorial and managing directors) weekly on progress, including rankings delivery timelines and launch dates.
- Work hand-in-glove with our development, design and marketing teams to rapidly launch, and iterate on, new features, functionality and datasets.
- Track and analyse success metrics related to your product areas.
- Implement methods for evaluating the success of THE products with customers globally.
- Provide guidance and support to THE’s customer-support function.
- Participate in organisation-wide prioritisation and planning of resources.
- Collaborate across the whole organisation and lead product initiatives.
- Be a voice of the customer/user in all discussions around initiatives within THE.
- Act as deputy for the Product Director when he is travelling.
You will have:
- Minimum 4 years experience of digital product management within an Agile environment.
- Strong track record developing enterprise-level, customer-facing, commercially successful data products.
- Experience of working with international teams across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrate good business judgment based on skills, intuition and experience.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proven record delivering products through collaboration with key stakeholders and technical teams.
- Ability to back up your opinions with data and clear well-structured cases.
- Ability to develop meaningful metrics and reporting that can be communicated across technical and non-technical business units.
- A record of establishing credibility with technical leaders as well as commercial leaders.
- Strong numerical, analytical and verbal skills; quick thinker and clear communicator.
- An understanding of why a creative, positive working culture beats excessive process every time.