Full-Time Senior Technical Project Manager
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Be an agile expert: as the Senior Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master (TPM), you will use agile and traditional project manager techniques to scope, plan, budget, and resource programmes and projects, to drive the team to successful delivery.
- Be a project wrangler: you will be responsible for planning programmes and projects, setting delivery expectations, and resetting them where necessary. You will remove blockers and encourage sensible prioritization of tasks and goals within the teams, and ensure projects are run efficiently and on time. You will be a single point of contact for others outside of the technology team and be able to triage at the drop of a hat.
- Be a team builder: you will work to foster solid agile practices and processes by working with the engineering team; identifying and implementing initiatives that are aimed at further developing team practices.
- Be a collaborator: you will work with all stakeholders to help prioritise, estimate, identify and manage risks and dependencies of the project, as well as provide ongoing status updates, through accurate reporting and verbal/written communication. Your understanding of the domain and current issues will be essential in determining longer term prioritization. You should have a well-honed ability to communicate technical issues to someone non-technical.
You’ve been there and done this…
- Strong technical background; ideally as a developer.
- A true scrum master who believes in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- Relentlessly pro-active in unblocking their team(s).
- Manages large and complex programmes and projects in excess of £10m across the whole lifecycle.
- Helps teams to be self-managed, to predictably deliver and continuously improve.
- Can demonstrable ability to facilitate estimation and prioritization and to handle multiple conflicting requirements.
- Has experience in project delivery using a broad cross-section of Agile and XP practices.
- Is not afraid of Excel or traditional practices.
It would be great if you’ve also had…
- Experienced working in a data and/or data warehousing environment
- Experienced working in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable experience with Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LESS and another Agile methodologies.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Our core product is a two-sided marketplace where we connect small businesses looking for funding with investors via our scalable online platform. Our engineering team is the driving force behind our marketplace business model and are using cutting-edge technologies.