Full-Time Sr. Product Manager (Personalization)
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Product Manager (Personalization) | San Francisco, CA
PlayStation Network connects and serves millions of customers everyday through our PS4 and PS3 console as well as web properties such as store.playstation.com. To ensure we deliver great experiences, we utilize data and usability driven, A/B experiments to develop customer-focused solutions. The Retail Servcies team (takes on) work on( the key/ important)big data problems, cutting edge relevance algorithms from information retrieval, machine learning, and ranking to deliver always-available services that directly contributes to our business goals.
We help our business deliver the right message to the right customer and the right time. We are seeking a talented senior product manager with a passion for personalization to help us design, develop, and deliver new features and capabilities across the Network to tailor customer experiences based on their preferences.
You will work with Data Scientists and Engineers to define and prioritize data assets, use data to identify new opportunities and customer needs, drive product definition, roadmaps, and requirements while evangelizing the product vision to stakeholders, partners, and executives.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and deliver a targeted, measureable personalization solution to the PlayStation Store
- Develop requirements for new products and services by collaborating with key stakeholders and other product managers
- Evolve products that are platforms by nature, but integrated into client experiences
- Think big, be data driven and obsessed with helping deliver industry leading experiences
- Drive the product roadmap for the front-end and back-end capabilities based on business opportunities across a variety of envisioned capabilities
- Build A/B/X test pipelines and drive features based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Interface with technical development teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale / benefits
- Analyze and document operations, methods, capabilities and functionalities of third parties
- Support product, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development roadmap
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Evangelize our products and services with internally and externally
- Provide user and competitive input to research & development to address business and consumer needs/concerns
- Partner with operations, legal, accounting, finance, sales, and service to design the business processes required to operationalize the platforms and products you design
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for Recommendations platform
- Prioritize features and requests from multiple global teams
- Manage product platform throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing, launching, and supporting product releases
You have a proven track record to:
- Execute: drive features and initiatives to release while upholding business value and managing technical and business risks and dependencies
- Innovate: evolve and maintain comprehensive requirements and use cases that serve as the foundation for feature design and development
- Influence: develop strong alliances with others to ensure success of the product
- Articulate: communicate research findings to senior leadership, executives, and engineers to build product vision and report on features over time
- Balance: evaluate and prioritize short-term goals versus long-term vision
- Problem Solve: collaborate with key stakeholders to understand market problems and develop solutions
- Measure and Report: use quantitative data to support assumptions and develop business cases; perform deep data driven analysis to surface actionable insights and product requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager (or related role) driving significant solutions
- Ability to carry strategy and vision across the organization to influence the design and implementation of the product, seamlessly operate between highly detailed and technical situations as well as strategic situations
- Deep industry knowledge of best practices and trends in customer targeting and segmentation
- Passion and desire to build features that enable millions of users to engage with personalized content and interesting recommendations
- Experience with personalization tools and systems, data science or similar areas.
- Ability to travel as necessary
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation