Full-Time Technical Product Manager
About this role.
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company used by hundreds of leading schools globally that brings teachers, students and parents together.
As a key member of the Product team reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll be comfortable discussing technical issues and the real-world needs of our clients. You’ll be responsible for gathering requirements from internal teams, customers and partners, and translating these into robust user stories aligned to business objectives.
We work in multidisciplinary squads made up of designers and developers and the whole squad is involved in both the discovery and development phases. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment so you’ll need to be comfortable making decisions as a team.
Firefly integrates with a wide range of products and you’ll play an important part in identifying potential new partners and improving our existing integrations.
- Gather and analyse requirements from internal and external customers
- Write technical specifications
- Maintain a prioritised backlog of user stories
- Maintain a prioritised backlog backlog of bugs
- Write clear acceptance criteria
- Review and update test plans
- Ensure that your squads understand the vision and scope for each feature
- Be an internal champion for our customers
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Assist documentation team in documenting new and existing features
- Nurture partner relationships
- Solid technical background
- Agile development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Strategically-minded, as well as being hands-on.
- Passionate about education.
- Experience in a SaaS product
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience in EdTech
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily