Full-Time VP Product
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world’s largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally (…and growing!).
As a senior member of Axiom’s product management organization, you will work closely with our Technology, Sales, and Client Service teams to envision new growth opportunities that take us along our path to transforming the legal industry in a digital age. Specifically, you will be the product owner for our growing suite of contracts offerings that we believe will fundamentally reshape the future of not just how contracts are negotiated, but the very role they and the insights buried within them play in modern businesses. We are in the early stages of development for these offerings and are looking for an experienced product leader to lead the efforts going forward. That’s where you come in!
You will start with a wide funnel of ideas and drive the organization to narrow down to the ones with most promise – and then you and your team will build and productize those solutions. You will set the strategy, develop the end-to-end economics, manage the product development roadmaps, work closely with Axiom’s Technology organization to decide where to build, buy or partner (and how to do so), and generally be responsible for bringing new ideas to fruition from end-to-end. In doing so, you will need to lead and excite our Client Service, Sales and Technology organization along the way – they will be key to your success and you’ll need to inspire understanding, belief, and ownership.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
Specifically, this role will handle:
- Establish and own the vision for our suite of offerings related to contracts insights and negotiation solutions.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, , you are uniquely positioned to assess the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market efforts, strategic partnership approach, and potential M&A targets to increase overall product value.
- Create the business case and economic models to substantiate investment proposals and inform our product pricing strategy.
- Identify the set of enabling capabilities and investments required to bring about the intended value proposition. Partner closely with both the Technology and Client Service organizations to ensure that they are ready and able to deliver the solutions you designed. You are the glue that brings it all together, accountable for each of your products’ success!
- Own and direct the product management process (competitive analysis, requirements, positioning, packaging, pricing, rollout, sales enablement, delivery capabilities) for each of your products.
- Own the metrics and measures (KPIs) used to measure success for your product, defined at inception and tracked throughout each product’s lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders, interpret them into actionable conclusions, and hold relevant stakeholders accountable.
- Evangelize the vision so all relevant stakeholders and the organization more broadly are contextualized, aligned and energized about our Product direction.
- Deliver our vision to the market – you are “on the circuit” speaking about our solutions, both in public forums and directly with our clients
- Drive the creation of new intellectual property to be leveraged in our sales, marketing and internal knowledge development efforts.
- Develop thought leadership content and collaborate with Axiom’s Marketing team to distribute and communicate that content via both online and offline channels.
- Support our commercial team in an advisory or subject matter expert capacity relating to the products under your stewardship.
Successful candidates must be fits for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable in a player/coach role.)
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience, within software/technology/consulting environments (a services connection a plus, though not required), with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects using agile methodologies and embracing a lean start-up philosophy.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between and among stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid international growth.
- Successful start-up experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.