Masabi is the world’s leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions for the transport industry, allowing customers to buy and display tickets on their smartphone. Our JustRide mTicket applications mean that waiting in line for tickets is a thing of the past for customers whilst agencies are able to drastically reduce the cost of their operations. Our first major client was Boston in 2012. In 2014 we rolled out mobile ticketing to Athens and this year we’re doing the same in New York as well as other major global cities.
The JustRide server platform drives a dynamic graphical back-office UI, supports our mobile applications, provides secure web ticketing sales and will also be doing some fairly involved fraud analysis, related analytics and number crunching. It handles multiple thousands of payment transactions a day and over $50 million in revenue went through the platform in 2014 – a figure which will likely double in 2015.
The UK Rail team is responsible for a product line which handles mobile ticket sales and passenger information for a dozen UK rail operators, including Virgin Trains, Cross Country, which between them have over 5m downloads. The product line comprises of native applications running on all the most widely adopted mobile software development platforms, and a growing suite of services that interact with the apps and/or support wider adoption of mobile ticketing.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for taking ownership of the product and balancing the strategic roadmap with customer requests, internal updates of the products along with improvements to the technology platform. Successful candidates will work closely with the General Manager for UK Rail, Account Managers and Development to enable the team to deliver quality software in an agile manner, whilst managing the product roadmap and delivery schedule.
In addition to being responsible for the on-going success and continuous improvement of the UK Rail product set you will be responsible for:
– Driving product development in an agile environment to build and launch new products and features.
– Working with colleagues across Masabi to get buy in for the product definition and delivery approach.
– Prioritising the competing demands for product features and improvements.
– Identifying market opportunities and defining product vision and strategy for new and existing products.
– Engaging closely with the engineering team to help determine appropriate solutions as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
– Helping drive strategic innovation for the UK transport industry by working closely with key individuals within Masabi and across the UK Rail market.
– Confidently engaging with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals.
– Clarifying business priorities, roles and responsibilities and secure individual and team ownership.
– A passion for all things product with at least 3 years experience of product management.
– Have been responsible for the delivery and ongoing management of mobile application product initiatives.
– Proven business acumen; able to produce a product vision and execution strategy, that balances relevant commercial drivers.
– Expertise in business analysis and requirements gathering.
– Proven project management and software delivery skills.
– Strong communications skills must be able to collaborate closely with a range of different people within Masabi and across the industry.
– Experience working closely with a team of developers.
– Experience working in a startup or small team is strongly preferred.
– Experience of working closely with and managing third party technology suppliers.
– Experience within the retail or fare collection industry, with a solid understanding and respect for the responsibilities and requirements of a system processing millions of pounds worth of transactions a day.
– Experience managing and defining mobile based eCommerce products.
– Experience defining metrics and using analytics to support decisions and drive improvement in existing products.
– Hands on software development experience.