Are you passionate about customer experience and interaction design? Are you technical enough that you want to understand “how it really works” in order to explain it to others, and super organized so that you can design a long-term product roadmap to support the company’s business goals?
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Product & Design team. You will work cross-functionally with designers and engineers to build solutions that can be leveraged across a broad range of enterprise-sized customers who use our digital ordering platform. You will have a critical role in helping to prioritize the product backlog. If you thrive in a culture of ownership and innovation then this role is for you.
This is a full-time position in downtown New York City.
- Contribute to ongoing definition, prioritization and planning of the Olo product roadmap, incorporating product innovations, client feedback, and internal requests.
- Create detailed product specifications and/or UX mock-ups, in conjunction with our UX Design team, and the engineering team when kicking off new feature projects.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the product, ensuring that product updates achieve desired goals.
- Work closely with Olo technology partners and affiliates to ensure effective collaboration.
- Define KPIs for new products and features, which would include A/B testing, and the incorporation of results into product roadmap
- Document new features to share with clients and customers
- Work closely with our Customer Success Team and our Sales Team to deeply understand the problems and pain points that our existing clients and prospects face with digital ordering.
- Consult on solutions for our clients and prospects, which includes Olo’s existing products and features in addition to investigating and scoping new feature requests.
- Conduct frequent client outreach initiatives to identify system innovations that would solve operational problems for restaurants.
- Conduct competitive research in the product space to inform the product roadmap.
- Work closely with the Sales team to create product-sales collateral (demos, documentation).
- You love the idea of helping customers order ahead and Skip the Line™ at restaurant chains around the country! Additionally you’d love digging into the “backend” to make the adoption and incorporation of Olo into existing operations smooth and painless.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work across an entire organization, from the CEO to the Systems Architect to Customer Support to Sales.
- You can clearly articulate plans for the next few weeks, as well as the longer-view product vision.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the Product Manager role, or comparable client facing experience, for a software technology company that operates in an Agile process framework.
- You have worked directly with an Engineering team to build project plans and timelines and manage against those timelines to ensure that you ship the right products at the right time with the right quality.
- You are a creative problem solver who can understand and process the challenges from all parts of the business and what they face in meeting their goals.
- You are comfortable speaking to outside parties and customers.
- You are passionate about creating and optimizing processes, systems, and workflows.
- You have a functional understanding of software development (maybe you were an engineer in a previous life) and are able to “dive into the details” to understand complex technical challenges.
- Your writing and communication skills are strong; you can convey ideas clearly and concisely.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- You have a legal right to work in the U.S., without the need for Olo sponsorship.
- Experience in product management for a start-up or growth-stage company
- Experience with SaaS platforms for enterprise clients
- Basic fluency in programming languages and/or database management skills
- Restaurant experience in back-of-house or front-of-house roles