Are you passionate about leading a team of UX designers to elevate the importance and value of good user-experience design? Do you have proven success, patience, and commitment to drive process and cultural change with an ability to build consensus across multiple constituencies? Do you get excited about solving difficult user experience problems and identifying solutions to simplify the user journey? Do you thrive in a fast-paced working environment and navigating ambiguity? Do you excel at balancing the goals of the end user with those of the business?
The UX Design (UXD) Manager will lead a team of UX designers responsible for designing best-in-class experiences for Olo’s white-label ordering platform. This role will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, and other managers throughout the software product development lifecycle. The position requires a pragmatic leader with a user-centered and data-informed approach to design, and an ability to drive design solutions with minimal direction. The ideal candidate will have thorough understanding of contemporary design methodologies, enterprise software, and working with complex experiences.
This is a full-time position in downtown New York City. The UXD Manager will report to the VP of Product Management.
- Work with the VP of Product Management to set the UX Design vision and strategy for Olo’s design process, and align team objectives with strategic initiatives.
- Drive and advocate UXD process and cultural change throughout the organization to elevate the importance of good design. Empower the UXD team to evangelize and promote the design vision and strategy across the organization.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to execute the roadmap and produce measurable results that support business objectives.
- Understand enterprise goals and KPIs to ensure value is delivered against them.
- Develop and build relationships across teams to promote collaboration and champion great UX.
- Facilitate brainstorming and work sessions with cross-disciplinary teams to move research findings into vision and design strategies.
- Lead and motivate a team of UX Designers to increase productivity, create quality user experiences, and conduct assessments to verify usability, stability, and visual design.
- Work closely with UX Designers and Product Managers to incorporate market analyses, data-driven insights and user research findings to drive design decisions.
- Own the end-to-end design process, ensuring timely, detailed, and polished deliverables. Provide hands-on design assistance to your team as needed.
- Work closely with UX Designers to design solutions throughout product lifecycle from concept to launch to continuous improvements.
- Help to size and scope research efforts, balancing adherence to strict methodological standards with the need for lean, timely research.
- Align and connect user experience efforts across products and projects.
- Define and understand use cases and UX requirements, storyboard, create interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Utilize numerous prototypes and design ideas to organize information into different themes. Stay abreast of developments in the UX field and apply new approaches to design where applicable.
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop UX designers and researchers.
- Guide junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks.
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback.
- 4+ years of user experience design for software or web applications which leverage emergent technologies, eCommerce and enterprise design.
- 2+ years of successfully managing people and UX Design teams.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems with mobile layouts in mind.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Flinto, Zeplin, Marvelapp, and other design tools.
- UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies.
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Experience guiding or managing user research and usability testing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Experience presenting design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and executives.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and user expectations
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Visual design expertise