Are you passionate about solving difficult user experience problems and identifying solutions to simplify the user journey? Do you thrive in a fast-paced working environment and navigating ambiguity? Do you excel at balancing the goals of the end user with those of the business?
The UX designer will be a key member of the product team at Olo. You will be expected to work closely with our product managers, developers, restaurant customers and across our other teams to tackle interaction and interface problems. Expect to collaborate regularly with other UX designers on the team.
This is a full-time role in New York City.
- Expertly research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements
- Gather and make sense of user goals, needs and problems
- Communicate solutions visually through sketching, storyboards, flows, etc.
- Craft rapid prototypes for team communication and user testing
- Translate UIs across all devices and screen sizes (we use Sketch, but are always open to exploring new tools).
- Drive the development and communication of clear design guidelines, patterns, libraries, and assets — and work closely with the development team to implement the vision (we use Zeplin for design-developer handoff)
- Validate designs through research, including competitive analysis, data & analytics, and direct interaction with clients and end-users
- Prioritize different design problems by understanding their significance and impact on our overall ecosystem
- Advocate for the end users of our products and communicate value of your work to our internal teams and external customers.Contribute to the development of the Olo design language and system
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the other members of your team
- 3 years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer
- A strong portfolio demonstrating UX principles and technical expertise (application requires a link to your portfolio)
- A real passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with business goals
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Flinto, Zeplin, Marvelapp, and other design tools.
- UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies.
- Experience working with software developers
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Bachelor’s degree
- Authorized for employment in the U.S without the need for Olo sponsorship
- Visual design expertise