Our mission is to help millions of people live happier financial lives. We use technology, design and cutting-edge automated money management to change the way people make financial decisions. We operate as an independent startup – backed by the resources and stability of a Fortune Global 500 powerhouse (John Hancock). Learn more about us by checking out our app Twine for iOS and read our launch manifesto.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead key initiatives for the core product experience. In this role you will set the product vision and oversee product development for features that redefine people’s relationship with their finances. Your work will have real impact on the futures of individuals and families across the country – and potentially beyond.
As the third product hire, you’ll be a key part of a growing product team, help define product direction and build consensus around product initiatives across the company and functions. You will have accountability for core product KPIs and the resources to drive significant impact.
The perfect fit for this role:
– Balances quantitative and qualitative insight with intuition
– Works backwards from goals, deftly managing timelines and stakeholders
– Moves with urgency- Is intellectually curious- Is strategic and tactical
– Is passionate and willing to engage in debate
- Be obsessed with our users. Deeply understand their needs and problems and how our product can help them achieve their goals. Validate your ideas with feedback and data.
- Write specs, user stories, maintain product backlogs and do whatever it takes to help our team ship a great product.
- Partner with stakeholders to ideate and define our product roadmap and create an outstanding user experience that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
- Iterate features through product/market fit.
- Work closely with engineers and designers to ensure that requirements are understood, properly implemented and validated.
- 3-5 years experience in product management for B2C products, across mobile and web.
- Acts as the voice of the customer in the definition of product; incorporates feedback from customer interviews and user research.
- Has an eye for great design and a drive for simplicity.
- Resilient with a positive attitude, grit and tenacity – demonstrated as part of a startup experience.
- Works with teams to define hypotheses, run experiments (surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, A/B testing), and analyze data to make decisions on features that influence the direction of the product (owner of product backlog)
- Great project management and communication skills.
- Ensures communication and delivery between design & engineering teams.
- Specifies and effectively communicates desired outcomes for current and future features.
- Experience in growth product management and knowledge of the financial services industry are a plus.
- Catered lunch every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k with a 4% match.
- Quarterly team offsites to fun places.
- New equipments.
- Healthy snacks + cold brew coffee on tap.
- Monthly office game nights and events
- Lifestyle and commuter benefits.
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave.
- Generous vacation and PTO policy.