We’re Bloom & Wild, the UK’s most loved online florist. We’ve created a flower experience unlike any other by innovating at every stage of the journey. Bloom & Wild invented the letterbox flower concept and continues to push ahead through our website, and iOS and Android apps.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead our Retention tech team on key themes across our product roadmap, such as personalisation and loyalty. You will help us to continue to be the UK’s favourite online flower experience on all platforms (web, iOS/Android apps, and backend platform), and expand that to France and Germany.
Based in our London office, you’ll become a key member of our close-knit team, alongside our in-house designers, developers and data scientists. You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our goals. This is a unique opportunity to join the UK’s second fastest growing startup and take part in the next phase of our success.
In this role you will:
- Identify opportunities to improve our product offering for repeat customers across our entire stack – our user facing websites and mobile apps (Android and iOS), our backend APIs, our internal tools and integrations with third party services.
- Empathise with the needs of our users, how they sit in the context of the online flower delivery and gifting space, and the opportunities arising from them.
- Specify features in ways which are testable, extensible, and lean, in order to efficiently validate hypotheses about impact on OKRs.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to quickly deliver features that delight our users. Maintain an ‘always be shipping’ mindset at a sustainable pace.
- Communicate timelines and progress with stakeholders to ensure they are up to date and bought-into the development lifecycle.
- Evaluate delivered features to measure their impact and learn from how they performed ‘in the wild’. Develop detailed insights into user behaviour and use them to iterate rapidly.
- We’re looking for people who can demonstrate the following qualities; Care, Pride, Customer-first, Delight, Innovation
- You are customer centric and insight driven – putting the customer at the heart of everything you do is the most important aspect of your job.
- You are passionate about creating products that customers love and the craft of good product design and management, seeking to improve on best practice and bring new and better ways of working to the team.
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years product management experience, ideally having worked in high growth teams, preferably in the mobile/e-commerce/consumer space.
- You have led multiple new products or features through a product lifecycle from ideation, through to delivery and can demonstrate the positive impact it had on the business.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with back-end teams and platforms
- You are intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, proactive, and want to take ownership.
- You’re highly analytical and experienced in setting up full funnel analytics to enable you to understand customer behaviour when using your products, and how to improve it.
As a product team we are highly influenced by the lean startup movement and champion a culture of test-learn-iterate and create a cycle of ever increasing returns.
We are visible across the whole company, working with all departments on a regular basis; examples range from discussing the roadmap with the CEO, picking up the phone to address a customer query, having an in-depth technical discussion with a developer, to giving a presentation at a company all-hands.
We have a great tech team in-house which forms the core of what we do as a company. We sit next to our developers including backend (Ruby), frontend (Angular6) and mobile apps (iOS and Android) teams. Our process is an adaptation of Scrum which aims to do just enough planning, while minimising the admin.
As a company we work hard and play hard together. Whether it’s a team trip to an art gallery, a round of Wii tennis, or Friday drinks from one of our (two) well-stocked fridges, everyone has the chance to feel included. Our lovely new office is light and spacious, conveniently located close to Vauxhall station. We retain an informal, startup environment, with employee-friendly policies such as 26 days holiday, company discount, personal development allowance and more.