Brightflag is a fast growing VC-backed tech start-up making a big dent in the legal world.
We use AI to analyse legal bills and help large companies control costs.
We already have a number of high-profile customers including Uber, Telstra and Tier 1 banks, and we are growing quickly.
About the Role
Brightflag is seeking an ambitious, highly motivated Product Owner to work with our Dublin based Product Management and Engineering team towards developing and deploying our products. The candidate should have a background delivering B2B software product in an Enterprise sector, in a Product Owner or Business Analyst capacity. Experience delivering in a Product led software company is essential, experience in a SaaS deployment model is advantageous. The candidate should:
· have a strong interest in mission-critical enterprise technology, particularly in a web application technology,
· have a deep technical aptitude and;
· ability to define and abstract complex business processes.
The candidate will take the role of Product Owner, assisting the Product Manager and other stakeholders in helping make our products world class and driven by our customers’ needs. The successful candidate will have a good mix of product management and people skills coupled with broad and technical knowledge and experience in sectors relevant to Brightflag. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic startup environment delivering solutions to large Enterprises that have significant legal spend.
The following are the main activities envisaged for this role:
· Act as the primary Product Owner from our main product line. The successful candidate will acquire and disseminate expert-level knowledge of our product internally, and externally when required. They will understand and act appropriately on the business and technical requirements of the client base to help drive our product direction.
· Participate as a key member of the agile Product Development team.
· Contribute to the product backlog, working with the Product Manager, Product Development Team and Software Architects to breakdown business epics, with responsibility to document user stories, design details and acceptance criteria to a high standard.
· Drive the internal backlog refinement sessions to clarify business epics and prepare stories for technical breakdown and planning, ensuring all requirements are well understood by the Product Development Team.
· Participate in internal workshops to define and plan new Customer on-boarding and implementation requirements, assisting the Implementation Project Managers to identify feature dependencies and gaps that are candidates for the requirements backlog.
· Support the product engineering team and engage the UI design team to bottom out product designs.
· Provide assistance and knowledge transfer to the Customer Implementation and Customer Success teams as they bring new features to market and on-board new Customers.
· Project coordination/Project Management related activities on backlog Epics and User stories to ensure customer implementation time lines are met.
The candidate should have the following experience:-
· 4+ years experience as a Product Owner
· Background in delivering B2B products for Enterprises, preferably in Telecoms or Finance markets, experience in the Legal domain is an advantage.
· Solution architecture and business analysis
· Delivery of product-based solutions to market, preferably a SaaS product
· Experience of operating within an Agile environment
· Experience of technical breakdown of business epics
· Backlog and ticket tracking system knowledge, preferably JIRA
· Good mix of architectural skills, business analysis capabilities & commercial understanding
· Deep software technology understanding of mission critical enterprise technology for web applications, preferably using open Java-based technologies
· Strong technical aptitude
· Excellent verbal and written communications ability
· Proven software delivery record
· Technical Project Management experience a plus
· Honours primary degree