Location: Preston Park, Brighton
About the role:
Are you a self- starter who loves to learn and is quick to take a task and run with it?
Do you understand that good user experience is central to a successful product and always seek elegant, simple solutions? If this sounds like you, and you love nothing more than discovering problems to solve and debating features then read on!
As an experienced Product Manager, you will be an integral part of the team at the forefront of product development at Crunch, helping us to achieve our ambitious growth plans to increase revenue. Working with a cross functional team including Designers, Developers and Testers, you will be responsible for defining product requirements that meet the needs of the business and our clients. You would join us at an exciting moment in our continued growth as we look to overhaul and build upon the success of our product to date.
- Oversee roadmaps and their development
- Be the Product lead on defined company initiatives or projects, with a key focus on our Core product.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers using this knowledge to drive your decision-making assessing the need for building new against the need to support existing functionality
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders around the business, keeping them fully informed of progress on roadmap activity.
- Initiate and understand the value of good quality user research, proactively seeking out new opportunities to meet customer needs and drive business growth.
- Provide direction and inspire the cross-functional team you are working with to deliver great work, owning the backlog.
- Clearly articulate and agree user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Be success focused by monitoring agreed KPIs and evidence the incremental value of work delivered by the team.
- Have a good understanding of servicing, conversion and UX best practices.
- Maintain awareness of advances in digital product management and share best practice
- Has previous experience leading a cross functional product or project team for a commercial product from concept to launch;
- Has familiarity with project management tools such as jira or trello
- Understands the value of analytics and how it can help drive product decisions.
- Has experience working with Scrum teams and ‘agile’ product management methodologies;
- Has experience of working with component libraries, style guide driven design and development
- Has awareness of the features of a ‘FinTech’ business and topical issues within the wider business landscape; and
- Our ideal candidate would have a keen interest in learning more about the fintech industry and the value our products add for individuals and their growing businesses.
We are a FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, named as Innovative Firm of the Year in 2017. We develop cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Our software is developed in house (lead by Product Managers just like you) and is supported by a team of in-house accountants and client managers.
Crunch is at the forefront of the changes in the financial industry as it experiences some of the biggest changes in the past 100 years. Recent initiatives include working directly with HMRC and high street banks to put previously inaccessible financial information and analytics in front of our users in real time.
We can offer you an opportunity to work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together. Not forgetting we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including, free breakfasts, free fresh fruit, half day off on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.