The Optimization product unit develops and markets the products Avira Optimizer (incl. System Speedup), Software Updater and Privacy Pal. We are a cross-functional team of 18 passionate people and are responsible for a considerable share of the company’s revenue. To further drive this, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager (f/m).
As a Product Manager (f/m) for Avira Optimizer and Privacy Pal you design and build world-class consumer products through which users can experience an effortless digital life anywhere.As part of this you define vision and strategy for your products, and communicate them to product development. You help shaping the vision for the products, create product strategies and communicate them to product development. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders – spanning from Engineering to Support to Product Marketing to ensure quality and successful delivery of your products.
- Build incredible experiences to make users fall in love with the products.
- Develop product requirements and specs based on customer needs and market opportunities.
- Work closely with the designated development teams and other contributors to build a product strategy and maintain the backlog using agile methodologies.
- Monitor, identify and test new technologies and business models
- Continuously explore ideas with engineers and designers.
- Know your numbers and act on relevant KPIs
- Develop marketing strategies and execute them with the marketing department
Keys to hiring
- University degree or similar.
- 5+ years of experience as Product Manager, Product Owner or comparable position
- Experience working with agile methodologies preferably in a software/online company.
- Proven track record of parenting successful products, preferable in the B2C space
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive teams, ideas and projects to a focused strategy.
- Experience in looking at analytics data and making informed decisions.
- Customer driven with good experience on UX/UI best practices.
- Methodical and able to research, brainstorm and document market and user needs.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, start-up attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Cutting-edge IT infrastructure
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- Stimulating work environment
- Flexible working hours
- International team
- Subsidized canteen, free gym, free ice cream, and other great benefits!
This position is based in the Avira HQ in Tettnang, Germany near Lake Constance.