You’ll work across multiple teams to discover, develop and deliver one or more user facing digital products. Within the business, you’ll apply your problem-solving skills to set up new processes while optimizing and automating existing ones. As the user champion, you’ll ensure we’re delivering products that serve the needs of the user as well as help deliver Comic Relief’s vision of a Just world free from poverty.
- Responsible for understanding user needs and ensuring it is the core element of product discovery, development and delivery, you are the user champion.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and develop business requirements, ensuring these are fit for purpose and rigorously prioritised.
- Working closely with colleagues in the engineering, UX and design teams to create viable ideas into delightful products.
- Use your understanding of data and analytics, experience and expertise to own the product’s strategy, long-term vision and objectives.
- Participate in daily stand ups, reviews, retrospectives, demos, sprint and release planning with the product delivery team.
- Working closely with the agile coaches to ensure tickets are fed into the workflow at the appropriate time with the information required to allow development to be done.
- Developing business requirements into a backlog of user stories and work closely with the development team to build these into the sprints required to deliver the product.
- Support Product Lead in championing the use and practice of Product Management techniques and ideas across the organisation.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working across the organisation.
Essential Education and Competencies:
- Experience of digital product development in a complex and challenging business environment.
- Skilled and adaptable communicator – able to flex style between coach, advisor and challenger.
- Collaborative worker – able to work closely with leadership and other teams.
- Effective relationship builder with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Outstanding solid product management skills – ability to create viable, valuable and desirable digital products through the use of user-centred and evidence driven product management.
- Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.