Where we’re at….
At unrd we’re building the future of mobile storytelling.
We’ve being called the Netflix of mobile stories, and Apple have described us as the ‘most ambitious interactive narrative platform they’ve seen’.
We sit at the intersection of books, movies and interactivity, creating an experience that takes the best of all three. This means our team is a colourful mix of Hollywood producers, super technical developers, games + TV writers, and ex media execs.
Additionally, unrd is backed by some of the world’s leading VC’s and angels, coming from the gaming and media world.
We’re now starting to scale teams. This is where you come in!
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a our first senior product person to join the unrd team. As someone coming into such a pivotal role in the company, you will influence how our products looks, behaves and feels over the coming years.
We’re creating a product that doesn’t currently have any direct comparatives, this excites you and you’re hungry to put your own stamp on it.
More specifically you will:
Run the product roadmap and identify requirements – the role requires you working directly with the founding team, CTO and writing teams, to identify and analyse opportunities that will deliver significant value to users and the business. You will define initiatives, benchmark against competitors, run requirements gathering and identify and communicate impact on all areas of the business – be it stories, product exp, or revenue
Be responsible for backlog – you’ll be detailed oriented to manage the immediate backlog but also have vision and creativity to suggest future iterations. You’re happy working with all areas of the business to find improvements and 10x features for the mobile product and our internal writing tool
Deliver the incremental improvements – you get equally excited about running A/B tests that might improve parts of the experience by 1% as you do suggesting features that will take us to the moon. You approach these incremental improvements in a data driven way, and are able to clearly articulate why your hypothesis will improve KPI’s. You’ll be instrumental in setting up the right experimental atmosphere, from a cultural and technical point of view. Additionally, you’ll be comfortable setting measurement benchmarks and being able to evaluate and learn from both successes and failures
Be a super communicator – you can articulate to various members of the business why you’re making decisions they way you are. Be that, explaining to writers why they need to edit stories in a specific way, through to building detailed requirements for developers. You’ll also be an evangelist for the product experience across industry events, and be an key part of the interview process for future hires
Commercial aware but not commercially constrained – you understand the cogs that make the business run. You know your way around a subscription product and how to scale these, every product you suggest you can measure through to an uplift in commercial effectiveness, NPS, engagement and / or virality
Who you are….
- You’ve got 5-6 years experience as a product manager. You’ve spent the last couple years as a senior product manager and are itching for something bigger to get your hands on
- Ideally you’ve spent time working on a content driven subscription product
- You have excellent communications skills. You’re equally convincing as you are authorative in your recommendations
- An amazing product leader, who’s visionary capacity has driven products forward
- Proven success in delivering high growth products, in a fast paced environment
- Highly analytical with a focus on making data-driven decisions to drive strategy, ideally with experience of analytics tools
- Ability to work in hand with engineering teams, this might range from technical conversation on implementation through to bigger plans around a roadmap
- Experience delivering clear product briefs, coherent specs and user stories
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across multiple departments, experience working with more creatively driven stakeholders is a plus
- But most importantly, you’re hungry and excited to grow a product into a market leader, and tackle unknowns along the way
What we offer…
- A relaxed environment to work in – we’re in the middle of Old Street and Shoreditch
- The opportunity to work with a world class team and board, who have previously worked at some of the leading UK’s leading startups
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holidays, plus your birthday off
- Regular work socials – ranging from immersive theatre, talks from undercover cops, to good old bowling
- Flexible working – we’re happy for you to work a combo of on and offsite. We judge our team on output as opposed to time at your desk
- ……and we finish at 4pm every Friday, unless something’s on fire!