Manager of Product Management – Platform Solutions and Client Configuration
As the Manager of Product Management for Platform Solutions and Client Configuration, you will build, grow, and manage the core back-office platform for Verra Mobility’s Government Solutions portfolio of products and services through the entire product life cycle from concept to end-of-life. In addition, for Government Solutions’ most strategic clients, you will own the initial definition of client requirements as well as the re-definition of requirements for clients undergoing material reconfigurations of their program(s).
- Assess Verra’s existing platform capabilities, develop a vision of the future evolution and define the necessary development projects necessary to implement the vision.
- Assist the business and IT development team define Verra’s overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct market intelligence (identification and analysis of trends, products and suppliers), business case development, pricing, and prioritization of product requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive environment and connect with customers to: (1) understand market issues, opportunities and requirements, (2) communicate a vision for how Verra’s platform can be leveraged to address both immediate and emerging challenges, (3) define clients’ specific business requirements to optimize client usage of the existing AXSIS platform, and (4) draft requirements that Verra’s development team can use to continually enhance the value of the platform.
- Develop platform solution Go-to-Market plans, key messaging and sales collateral, in support of Marketing, Sales, and Account Management activities.
- Manage product development and client requirements definition projects. Work closely with internal and external Sales, Account Management, Engineering, Design, and Development teams to build the best possible customer experience, and secure fast time to market by working with partners and suppliers.
- Manage multiple client transition engagements simultaneously through all aspects of ATS’s transition process including RFP & contract review, planning, gathering customer business rules, execution of client set-up and program configuration validation.
- Act as liaison/facilitator across technical and operational departments to resolve transition issues as necessary to meet client’s program configuration and timing requirements.
- Receive and evaluate platform enhancement requests and collaborate with development teams to prioritize and roadmap development projects.
- Serves as client advocate within ATS to identify and resolve or escalate platform issues detracting from optimal client implementation and ongoing servicing experience.
- Effectively lead the client through the transition and quickly release them back to the assigned account management and client services teams for ongoing servicing and relationship management activities.
Experience Skills and Abilities
- Minimum three to five years of experience in project management and implementations
- Strong business acumen required (and consulting experience preferred)
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams to drive results
- Advanced knowledge of Verra Mobility processes, policies, and procedures preferred
- Broad and deep knowledge of state and/or local regulations
- Knowledge of Verra Mobility product offerings, system capabilities and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and competence in project management, ideally in an agile environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels and across all functions of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to function both as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional team
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and dynamic work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Moderate travel required (20-30%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience required. Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Proven multi-year track record of success in product management; product development; and portfolio and life cycle management with a focus on at least one of the following preferred:
- Driver Safety Solutions
- IoT platforms
- Home Automation
- Smart Cities
- Connected Car
- Technical understanding of basic building blocks such as mobile telecommunications, Cloud technology, IoT mobile and embedded operating systems, etc.
- Capability to think commercially to drive business cases, product pricing and packaging strategies and margin improvement.