Do you love technology and it’s interaction with people? Are you happiest when your clients are delighted? Interested in energy and Big Data? Want to reduce carbon emissions in the UK and beyond?
Guru Systems is a growing company on a mission to radically reduce carbon emissions by creating and applying great technology.
We provide smart payment and data analytics systems to energy companies, housing associations and private developers. We manufacture our own electronics, create software and manage our onsite Internet-of-Things networks. Right now we need you on our team!
This role sits at the intersection of our users, our people and our technology. Your mission is to take responsibility for ensuring the Guru’s technology platforms provide clear benefits to our users, developing an understanding of our user base, and translating their needs, wants and fears into single solution. In short, you will create a platform that people love and want to use on a regular, continuous basis.
You will be responsible for understanding the communities of users we serve, meeting these users e.g. via individual interviews or group workshops, and working with them to define the Guru platform and ensure our technology delights.
Based on this research, you will be responsible for the user experience of the platform, gathering user feedback and applying UX design techniques to optimise the experience of our users while ensuring accessibility to all, as well as using your knowledge to validate and enhance the broader business strategy.
You will have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in technology or design
- Experience delivering user-centred UX design
- Experience in user testing, interviews and other relevant techniques
- Experience in creating wireframes, screen flows and overall software design
- Experience creating User Stories as the first step to implementing improvements
- Ability to elicit information in order to better understand clients’ businesses, their problems and their requirements
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of web technology and the Internet of Things
- Experience working in an SME / startup environment
You’ll have a solid track record of engaging with a company’s clients and users, ensuring they are delighted with your company’s offering. Naturally inquisitive, you’ll be comfortable recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes. You’ll have a common sense approach to technology, allowing you to quickly understand the fundamentals and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders.
Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style, able to operate effectively as part of a dynamic team. You’ll feel comfortable speaking to clients at all levels of seniority.
Salary, benefits and other information:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
Normal working hours are 9am to 5:30pm.
The salary is competitive and Guru Systems will match 4.5% pension contributions.