Join the team responsible for defining, delivering and supporting industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe.
The Product Manager will support the Product Director, International to develop new and existing products to meet and anticipate the needs of consumers in a way that maximises business opportunities and does so in an efficient and sustainable way.
You will work closely with key groups – including Editorial, Business Strategy, Technology and Design – to execute on the delivery of major product initiatives that ensure CNN remains at the forefront of digital media.
Product Leadership: Work with various stakeholders located globally to help define and execute the product vision and roadmap. Maintain and monitor the core capabilities represented in the relative Product you developed. Report on the status of the Product Development initiatives.
Product Definition: Gather, prioritise, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels, including the creation of Concept Documents and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs).
Product Development: Inform product planning and own project and roadmap execution throughout the development lifecycle. Establish program and project goals, helping identify and mitigate risks, tracking progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality and report on status. Ensure clear communication and expectations by partnering with Product and Technology staff, stakeholders, product operations and multi-disciplinary teams (from editorial, sales to creative).
- 2-3 years of digital product management or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience with a medium-to-large consumer-facing digital property
- Understanding of digital media business and operations with the ability to create functional product requirements
- Knowledge of digital technical and operational environments
- Keen understanding of common digital platform capabilities including desktop, mobile, video, and social
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced news environment
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with large consumer-facing, content and sales-driven digital properties required
- 2+ years of experience building or working with content management systems, digital video, and editorial workflows.
- Demonstrated success working within a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to partner with external (e.g. vendors) and internal (business, technology, creative) stakeholders.
- Results-oriented with ability to bridge the gap between business, creative and technical stakeholders to effectively and efficiently execute and deliver on a product roadmap.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions.
- Experience with reporting platforms (Omniture or similar).
To apply for this role, please follow this link: