Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand, and VC-backed B-Corp with approx. 60 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company – operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
We’re passionate about inspiring a more plant-based future. The way we eat has an enormous impact on our health and the health of our planet. So we keep it delicious, while creating an exciting balance of healthy, convenient, more sustainable food choices. That takes teamwork, empathy, smarts, creativity, confidence and boundless positive energy.
Today allplants’ range of chef-prepared meals are imaginatively tasty and nutritionally balanced with 100% natural plant-based ingredients – from our creamy Cashew Mac to our rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit every dish is handmade with love. Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 500,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring – with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission driven and customer-led culture.
We’re looking for a our first senior product person to join the allplants team. As someone coming into such a pivotal role in the company, you will influence how our products looks, behaves and feels over the coming years.
You will be responsible for setting and delivering the direction and strategy of the front-to-back technology systems across our vertically integrated ops from food producer, to direct-to-customer distribution and eCommerce/subscription platform, this is a full stack role.
The role will also be responsible for all CRO, web analytics, QA, ensuring agile deployment, point-guarding project mgmt (Asana centric!), and being a key contributor to merchandising and food innovations. At it’s core you will ensure we’re tooled up and using the best processes and cadence to enable optimal flow across insights, specification, design, engineering and delivery..
The role reports into the CEO, Jonathan Petrides (JP) and is a pivotal role in the team – working very closely with CMO, COO, Head of Customer, Engineering leadership and all other system leads. Note – in time we will build the Product team with specialisations into Front-End web and app, Production Kitchen Systems, Customer and Logistics Operating Systems, and Data Infrastructure. The role is full time and based in London.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you are:
- Robustly experienced as a product manager, having spent the last couple years as a successful senior product manager in a fast-paced environment and are itching to get your hands on building a product to shape the future of food.
- Highly analytical with a focus on making data-driven decisions to drive strategy.
- You have excellent communications skills. You’re equally convincing as you are a great listener
- Ability to work in hand with engineering teams, ranging from technical conversation on nitty gritty of estimations,implementation and QA through to bigger architectural planning.
- Skilled at delivering clear product briefs, coherent specs and user stories.
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders across multiple departments, including engineering, creative and design, and operations.
- You know how to take risks, make mistakes and learn from them, move fast and boldly drive a team.
- You bring a sense of humour, high energy and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building.