We’re looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join the WooCommerce Design team as part of our growing design org. You’ll collaborate with engineers and designers in our fully remote company to help new and existing customers discover, purchase, renew, and get support for WooCommerce extensions.
We are big fans of open-source philosophy and are committed to contributing to the greater WordPress community. We recognize the importance of having strong relationships outside our own community and customer base and keep a lookout for ways to partner with and create business for others.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Objective #1: Design a world-class WooCommerce Marketplace experience where customers can discover and obtain the right solutions and vendors have the tools to be successful.
- Research & Analysis: You’ll analyze quantitative data to understand how users move through key flows, with a view for improving conversions. You’ll partner with researchers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define user problems and needs based on research and quantitative data.
- Communicate: You’ll effectively communicate data and research findings, conceptual ideas, and design rationale in written form as well as verbally and visually to gain alignment and move the work forward.
- Design: You will design at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale — taking into consideration the full customer journey, touchpoints, mobile, and product experience.
- Execute: You’ll work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for merchants and store builders.
- Iterate & Validate: You’ll iterate on designs according to research and feedback, validating your work with data to drive conversion and optimize flows.
Objective #2: Contribute to design process and practices at Automattic.
- Grow Our Design Community: You will collaborate with other members of the design team by giving feedback to continually improve each other’s work, and the design process itself.
- Evolve Our Design Process: You’ll help improve our design system and process by actively connecting with other designers across the company.
HAVE YOU DONE THIS BEFORE?
Do you have experience analyzing data to create delightful user experiences that increase conversions?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and a half-page write-up answering the following question:
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the role.
- Tell us about a time where you redesigned an experience or flow with the goal to increase sales or conversions. How did you go about that and what were the results?
- Highlight one technique or method you used in the past to increase conversion and explain why it was the best suited for that project.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.